Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
<rummaging in the kitchen drawer for the little mini-spatual>
Better to be safe then not......I'm right behind you, finding my mini-spatula. No more "metal" hits the "metal". Either that, or when you open a can of food, shake it out.....LOL BUT that can both be aggravating and messy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 12:06 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,493,450 times
I think I will continue to buy the pet food that I do. I will change from using a metal spoon to a rubber spatula to scoop out pet and people food.

Can't do anything about that Dr. Pepper though. Besides, who knows how many cans, plastic bottles, and glass jars contain BPA... that we don't know about!

Nestle says it will take them 3 years to totally phase out any use of BPA. By that time, it will be something new.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:27 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
And in 20 or 30 years whatever they replace BPA with will be the problem.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:54 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
And in 20 or 30 years whatever they replace BPA with will be the problem.
yep yep, yep, such is life

Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,461 times
I've actually used a knife to scrape the food off the side of the can. I have a Pug and I really hope it hasn't affected him. Ugh... I just assumed the can was safe.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
Here's the funny thing, I've noticed the difference in one or two brands of cans, can tell the can is made differently. But I don't really know which is which. I'm guessing that the oddball or two are the BPA-free cans, but I don't really know that.

This is not something I'm stewing over though over the last several months. I'm still just buying the favorite foods without regard to what's lining the can and often enough still using a metal spoon (though I stop short of using a fork like I once did, heh).

Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
I've been using the rubber spatula since this thread started. But you know, it took a good three weeks to break the habit of reaching for a spoon instead of the spatula!

Supposedly none of the foods I feed contain BPA in the cans. But the non-scratching spatula still makes good sense, I think.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,045 times
Can anyone tell me if you accidently eat a oblong can of Sheba Chicken Entrée cat food - Pate
is it dangerous!
Panicked [EMAIL="biolp77@yahoo.com"]biolp77@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 07-06-2016, 03:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,566 times
Actually results were inconclusive for humans because there is no animal exactly like us, (rats are the worst test subjects to compare to humans for nutritional studies because of their cecum and fast metabolisms).
What many in this forum fail to realize is that while most experts think it's okay for healthy young adults (not babies) to have BPA, studies have for sure shown that it is not safe for pets.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,566 times
Default Yosemite Sam

Most studies I've read agree that BPA is absolutely NOT safe for pets, and a definite concern for human babies. Young adults have no reason to worry until a couple hundred of us volunteer to ingest massive loads of the stuff. They know there are side effects, but they can't say for sure yet, primarily because no animal has our exact physiology. (anytime someone says yeah, but they had to feed a rat 100 times that amount to kill it, I want to scream. Rats have a cecum and super speed metabolism to boot. It may take 100 units of a drug to harm them, and only 1 unit to harm us, or vice versa. Yes research in rats advances our understanding of medicine, but no we absolutely cannot draw conclusive evidence about a human based on studies of a rat. It only tells us where to look, basically gives us a map of Yosemite, but it won't give us the park on a platter.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats