Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 05:31 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,058,829 times

Advertisements

*NOTE: This message is not intended to insult or attack anyone.* It's general information meant for the average pet owner.

This regards any type of paralysis or loss of bladder/bowel control, stumbling, weak hind legs, unable to jump, pain in the spine or hips, etc.

A disk out of place in a cat's spine will shown up on x-rays taken by your veterinarian. It will show up clearly and would not be missed. A PET scan would most likely also show a disk out of place. The vet her/himself should be able to FEEL that something isn't 100% with a cat's spine when a disk or two are out of alignment. But x-rays will catch it every time.

If you suspect a spinal injury, please get your cat in for x-rays as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,052,823 times
Hmmm...Funny thing is...Even though you say your post is not meant as an attack or personal I automatically think of a certain poster.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me but I don't really understand the relevance of this particular thread. Oh well, I must not be getting enough sleep!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Hmmm...Funny thing is...Even though you say your post is not meant as an attack or personal I automatically think of a certain poster.
I repeat. The post was not meant to attack anyone on this board. It was meant for general information.

Another thread reminded me of what I learned as a tech and wanted to share the information. How is that an attack? Spinal injuries happen to cats. They fall from heights. They're stepped on. They're hit by cars.

Quote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just me but I don't really understand the relevance of this particular thread. Oh well, I must not be getting enough sleep!
Of what relevance is any thread? You lost me.....

Old 04-25-2011, 08:22 PM

Well, if it was another thread that reminded you of this information why not put it in the other thread rather than starting a new thread.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Well, if it was another thread that reminded you of this information why not put it in the other thread rather than starting a new thread.
Would that have made you happy? I was told it's better to start a new thread under the circumstances. I can't please everyone on this Board. That's just not possible. And we're not allowed to discuss reasons here so this is as far as we can go.

If you're into alternative medicine only, that is fine, you may want to by pass my messages and threads.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM

Who said anything about alternative medicine? Now I'm confused! I guess I really do need to get some sleep.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about alternative medicine? Now I'm confused! I guess I really do need to get some sleep.
It was suggested I start new threads rather then reply in original threads to share my knowledge. Some things are not covered in the TOS. I'm not allowed to explain.

DMs are welcome.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:24 PM

8,826 posts, read 21,340,256 times
Anyone may start a new thread about a topic of interest relating to cats and the OP did just that.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats