Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times

Advertisements

If only death for cats was that quick and painless. For mine, they don't just go into a deep sleep...I won't go into it...but it was not that quick or easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 05:05 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
The only time my cats were in that deep a sleep, I had carbon mononoxide in the house and I was groggy - so were the dogs. We all recovered once I opened the windows/doors/called 911.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,778,646 times
None of my 3 cats have ever done that. If I make any slight noise in the kitchen indicating a can might get opened the herd piles in like rolling thunder down the stairs. See if that works next time.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
None of my 3 cats have ever done that. If I make any slight noise in the kitchen indicating a can might get opened the herd piles in like rolling thunder down the stairs. See if that works next time.

I can rouse my boy by touching the laser pen. I swear he teleports. One minute in a deep sleep, I touch the pen just the slightest bit, the next second he is sitting in front of me alert and ready to play with his Red Dot.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:02 AM

698 posts, read 2,841,050 times
Only my 6-year-old daughter's stuffed cat, Sparkle, can sleep like that and do it 24/7!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Its amazing how much noise a cat can make when descending wood stairs. I have thought there was a burglar in the house once or twice. Then I remember Mr Rotundity.

He is no longer rotund though. I bought a bag of cat food at Costco that is designed to lean out a cat. Worked like a miracle. He is now the perfect weight.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 PM

238 posts, read 1,505,113 times
So weird I found this thread today. This actually happened to me last night. I was on the couch my wife on the bed upstairs sleeping. Cat sleeps with her part of the night and with me if I am down stairs passed out. Cat originally was upstairs with her until around 1:00 am when this fox or coyote was making this ungodly screaming sound right next to the house. Cat comes running downstairs and proceeds to snuggle up next to me in fear. I go back to sleep about 20 minutes later waking up about an hour later in the middle of the night I realize the cat is down by my legs. I go to nudge her since she is really tight next to me and don't want to hurt her if I roll over in my sleep. This is when I realize she will not move at all and her body is stiff as a board. I start to freak out thinking maybe she got smashed some how or died in her sleep. I continue to nudge her for about 5 - 10 seconds and still nothing. Finally I go to pick her up by the scruff of her neck she lets out this yelp waking her up from a major deep sleep. What really made me nervous since I know shes a deep sleeper was her body really did feel stiff like rigamortis had crept in. Cats are some crazy critters at times..

Old 05-12-2011, 08:38 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
So weird I found this thread today. This actually happened to me last night. I was on the couch my wife on the bed upstairs sleeping. Cat sleeps with her part of the night and with me if I am down stairs passed out. Cat originally was upstairs with her until around 1:00 am when this fox or coyote was making this ungodly screaming sound right next to the house. Cat comes running downstairs and proceeds to snuggle up next to me in fear. I go back to sleep about 20 minutes later waking up about an hour later in the middle of the night I realize the cat is down by my legs. I go to nudge her since she is really tight next to me and don't want to hurt her if I roll over in my sleep. This is when I realize she will not move at all and her body is stiff as a board. I start to freak out thinking maybe she got smashed some how or died in her sleep. I continue to nudge her for about 5 - 10 seconds and still nothing. Finally I go to pick her up by the scruff of her neck she lets out this yelp waking her up from a major deep sleep. What really made me nervous since I know shes a deep sleeper was her body really did feel stiff like rigamortis had crept in. Cats are some crazy critters at times..
I call my cat crazy every week. But I love him....when he isn't being crazy.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,433 times
I'm 10 and I own a black domestic cat name Tt. Right now she is pressed up against me sleeping. She looks dead too. She is curled up in a circle with her head touching her hind legs. It is highly cute. Anyways, after a while I check on her, pet her, she doesn't respond. I sometimes pet her until she answers. Most of the time, I look at her stomach. I check for breathing. When a cats stomach goes up and down, it means they are breathing. :3 So take it from a 10 year old. I own a cat. She looks dead. I check her chest. I go back on my computer. Easy as that.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:00 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,580 times
Good Thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats