Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:30 PM

153 posts, read 408,482 times

Advertisements

For those of you who gave kind words in my darkest hr over the loss of my son Salt 2 mos ago (miss him everyday), I wanted to introduce Bootsy aka Boots, Tux & Boo-Boo to ya!

6-7 mos old Tuxedo and just adorable. He's a good 10.5lbs already! He's gonna be big. I picked him up from the Feral society where a family fosters the cats until they find a suitable home. I initially had him 2 mos ago but returned him w/in 48 hrs as it was too soon for me & Pepa (Salts sister) to adjust to, even though they kind of hit it off w/ slight hissing and tolerating each others space in the bathroom. They even used the liter box, one right after the other. Neither of them are aggressive in nature but Bootsy knows this is her domain. I told the foster parents I'll be back for him as he was just so well mannered after my in-laws left.

He has no affinity for high places (initially LOL) but he's made himself at home only after 2 days and noticing Pepa isn't in the house. She's away w/ her Momma (my wife) for 2 wks. Figured this would be the perfect time to get him acclimated to the home but he's still a little weary thinking she's around the next corner. Once she's back home I'll take him w/ me and let her get situated in the house and let her smell his scent and then I'll slowly bring him back into the fold. I justed wanted him to get his confidence in the home w/ me 1st before the next step. He isn't motivated by food either, rather interesting to be so young. He loves looking out the window, the patio, the outdoors and he's literally a magnet attached to my leg. Loves feathered toys and the laser pointer! He has a distinct clicking sound when the laser pointer is on, it sounds like something from the jungle like meerkats. He's extremely vocal and LOUD and knows it. Quick learner too, as he knows not what to get on but I know he'll try his luck eventually...they all do. Definitely a nocturnal little boy...haven't slept since I brought him home 2 days ago. He's just a baby and I have to keep reminding myself of that. He'll mellow out I'm sure as time goes by.

He has a brother name Zoro but I couldn't take him as 3 cats would be too much and maybe way too overwhelming for Pep. He's adjusting nicely so far... as he just came from a home w/ 5 cats, 2 dogs and 3 birds. I take him everywhere I go as I want him to be familiar w/ being on the road...we're a traveling family and he's pretty rowdy initially but settles down after 10 mns or so.

And again, thank you all for the kind words, it has really helped me in healing but we're never truly healed after such a loss.

Sorry for the novel but w/out further ado...here is my baby roadie!
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Bootsy, our newest family member!-p1020156.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,882,789 times
Lucky you, what a beautiful cat! And Bootsy (love the name) is lucky as well to have such a loving family.

It is obvious you are excited, already devoted...and in love...!

Enjoy the kittenhood, wish it lasted a bit longer but any age is wonderful.

gbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKSRZ View Post
For those of you who gave kind words in my darkest hr over the loss of my son Salt 2 mos ago (miss him everyday), I wanted to introduce Bootsy aka Boots, Tux & Boo-Boo to ya!

6-7 mos old Tuxedo and just adorable. He's a good 10.5lbs already! He's gonna be big. I picked him up from the Feral society where a family fosters the cats until they find a suitable home. I initially had him 2 mos ago but returned him w/in 48 hrs as it was too soon for me & Pepa (Salts sister) to adjust to, even though they kind of hit it off w/ slight hissing and tolerating each others space in the bathroom. They even used the liter box, one right after the other. Neither of them are aggressive in nature but Bootsy knows this is her domain. I told the foster parents I'll be back for him as he was just so well mannered after my in-laws left.

He has no affinity for high places (initially LOL) but he's made himself at home only after 2 days and noticing Pepa isn't in the house. She's away w/ her Momma (my wife) for 2 wks. Figured this would be the perfect time to get him acclimated to the home but he's still a little weary thinking she's around the next corner. Once she's back home I'll take him w/ me and let her get situated in the house and let her smell his scent and then I'll slowly bring him back into the fold. I justed wanted him to get his confidence in the home w/ me 1st before the next step. He isn't motivated by food either, rather interesting to be so young. He loves looking out the window, the patio, the outdoors and he's literally a magnet attached to my leg. Loves feathered toys and the laser pointer! He has a distinct clicking sound when the laser pointer is on, it sounds like something from the jungle like meerkats. He's extremely vocal and LOUD and knows it. Quick learner too, as he knows not what to get on but I know he'll try his luck eventually...they all do. Definitely a nocturnal little boy...haven't slept since I brought him home 2 days ago. He's just a baby and I have to keep reminding myself of that. He'll mellow out I'm sure as time goes by.

He has a brother name Zoro but I couldn't take him as 3 cats would be too much and maybe way too overwhelming for Pep. He's adjusting nicely so far... as he just came from a home w/ 5 cats, 2 dogs and 3 birds. I take him everywhere I go as I want him to be familiar w/ being on the road...we're a traveling family and he's pretty rowdy initially but settles down after 10 mns or so.

And again, thank you all for the kind words, it has really helped me in healing but we're never truly healed after such a loss.

Sorry for the novel but w/out further ado...here is my baby roadie!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,672,488 times
Omigosh I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw your post! I remember you and Salt. Oh, oh oh I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you that you found room in your heart to love another cat. And handsome? Holy Moly my heart just about stopped! You have a manly stud on your hands there! What a gorgeous cat!

(((HUGS))) I am just so darn happy for YOU! Bless you for adopting another baby! Bless you! May you and Bootsy know a life together of love, joy and lots of laughter!

....Grinning from ear to ear.......Enjoy those kitten days! They are a blast!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,865,803 times
Sooo handsome! I always put a new cat in the bathroom for one hour with the other cats outside to sniff under the door. Then I swap places for another hour, then it's a free-for-all. Never had a hurt cat although I've had lots of hisses and growls. They just need to work it out themselves!

Old 05-10-2011, 09:20 PM

GBH, Gonna try and enjoy him as much as I can. Taking pictures every chance I get, especially since he's so photogenic it seems. And yeah, I do already have a bond w/ him already and it'll just get stronger as time goes on. Really looking forward to when he really comes into his own.

GOE, Thank you! You've touched me the most through all of this. God bless you and hope that you are doing well. I hope to have many wonderful years w/ Bootsy. There was no way I could go w/out having another cat in my life. I love them too much and it's the best way for me to honor Salt as he'd want me to continue on and give another cat just as good a life as he had.

SB, thanks for the advice. I tried something similiar to that initially but I like your idea better. I'll try that when Pep returns this go around.

He's a handful. He finally quieted down, too quiet and that's when I saw him sleeping on the dining room table. Had to have a little chat and then I put him on the 5th floor of the cat condo. Hopefully he'll get the idea but if not, no biggie...it's only decoration nowadays and besides he doesn't use his claws on anything other than the condo which I can't believe! So that right there makes me thankful.

Last edited by TEKSRZ; 05-10-2011 at 09:33 PM..

Old 05-11-2011, 05:52 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,271,349 times
What a cutie. My tuxedo cats, Cookie and Checkers, approve.

Of course you must read the facts about tuxedo cats:

Facts About Tuxedo Cats - Researched and verified by Dr. Magrathea Wallace

Congratulations on your new kitty!

Old 05-11-2011, 06:10 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,604,188 times
Congratulations on your new family member! Boots is a gorgeous kitty, hard to believe he is only 7 months old look at the size of him!

I'm sure you and he will have many happy years together.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What a cutie. My tuxedo cats, Cookie and Checkers, approve.

Of course you must read the facts about tuxedo cats:

Facts About Tuxedo Cats - Researched and verified by Dr. Magrathea Wallace

Congratulations on your new kitty!
Thanks! I've been searching all over for some factual information but never really found anything of substance. Hoping to find some more info on them forum of some type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Congratulations on your new family member! Boots is a gorgeous kitty, hard to believe he is only 7 months old look at the size of him!

I'm sure you and he will have many happy years together.
I know, right? We had seen a 2 yr old tux from the same mother and he was huge. He was 16lbs and not an ounce of fat on him. I didn't know they could get that big (figured 12-13lbs tops, so he has the potential to...we'll see. He let me sleep last night and again on the stove. LOL When he's too quiet that's what he's up to. Won't touch anything else, so I don't know what the stove is about. I can only imagine he had free reign at his previous home. This morning is like he's on self induced catnip...he just switched and went batty all in the bedroom w/ pillows on the floor...very entertaining to watch.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:02 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,271,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKSRZ View Post
Thanks! I've been searching all over for some factual information but never really found anything of substance. Hoping to find some more info on them forum of some type.
Well, once you read that link, I guess you have to determine for yourself how "factual" it is! LOL

The bit about the owners of tuxedo cats being more intelligent, though, is absolutely true! So are their owners ... LOL ...

Old 05-11-2011, 08:33 AM

7,201 posts, read 15,010,713 times
Congrats on the new cat. Keep us informed on what's going on with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats