Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 03:22 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

I have been considering buying a Bengal cat, just wondering if anybody has any experience with them and if there is anything different that I need to do with them. Also, are there a lot of scams with them or people looking to sell fake cats for a high price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 03:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Jasper is a purebred Bengal, I got him on CL for $20. He is declawed and neutered. He is very talkative, and I would say...more "aloof" than the other cats I have had, I don't know if that is because he is less domesticated or just his personality. He is very sweet though, never bites, or hisses, I have never heard him hiss since I have had him, for about 18 months now. He loves water, and is always at the sink, he prefers to drink from the faucet. Don't get a cat like this, if you don't want to hear a LOUD meow, alot of the time. He has to "comment" on everything...all the time.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Jasper is a purebred Bengal, I got him on CL for $20. He is declawed and neutered. He is very talkative, and I would say...more "aloof" than the other cats I have had, I don't know if that is because he is less domesticated or just his personality. He is very sweet though, never bites, or hisses, I have never heard him hiss since I have had him, for about 18 months now. He loves water, and is always at the sink, he prefers to drink from the faucet. Don't get a cat like this, if you don't want to hear a LOUD meow, alot of the time. He has to "comment" on everything...all the time.

Hahah, that's one thing I like about the bengals is that they meow a lot. My parents have a cat like that, and the cat would be great if she didn't hate ever single person that wasn't my mom!

You really got your bengal for $20??

Old 12-22-2011, 03:44 PM

He is three or four years old, not sure...he was dumped, and the lady who had him and his mother and sister had 7 other cats...she just wanted him to have a good home. Which, I think he does...I really wanted a breed cat, I know...I am very spoiled...so, I just waited, and kept checking CL...I knew I would find what I wanted eventually...I wanted either a Bengal, a Toyger, or a Ragdoll...

Old 12-22-2011, 04:00 PM

Well very cool, I kind of want a breed cat too, bengals really seem like cool cats and more fun than other cats. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on Craigslist for Bengal Kittens. If I can find something for $300 or less I think I'll try to pick one up

Old 12-22-2011, 04:02 PM

You can go to my page and see a picture of him. I have posted lots of pics in the cat pic thread.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:04 PM

Old 12-22-2011, 04:40 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I have been considering buying a Bengal cat, just wondering if anybody has any experience with them and if there is anything different that I need to do with them. Also, are there a lot of scams with them or people looking to sell fake cats for a high price?
All I can say is *DO NOT BUY SIGHT UNSEEN*. Forget shipping. Go to the breeder's house and see how they're cared for. Are they all healthy? What does the place smell like? Runny noses? Are the kittens shy or people lovers? Are they kept in small cages or are they members of the family? Does the breeder show the cats or just breed them to make money? You get the idea.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Well very cool, I kind of want a breed cat too, bengals really seem like cool cats and more fun than other cats. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on Craigslist for Bengal Kittens. If I can find something for $300 or less I think I'll try to pick one up
Craigslist doesn't allow breeders to advertise in the pet section. In no time at all someone will have the post removed or flagged for removal.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Hahah, that's one thing I like about the bengals is that they meow a lot. My parents have a cat like that, and the cat would be great if she didn't hate ever single person that wasn't my mom!

You really got your bengal for $20??
I've seen cats being pushed on Craigslist as one purebred or another. Siamese and Ragdolls are popular as are the Bengals. But when I inquire, they NEVER have the cat's registration papers. No papers, then the cat isn't worth much in a financial sense. $20 would a fair price.

If they were purebreds they would have their reg papers. So some will suddenly claim the father was a common cat and the mother is a purebred [fill in breed]. But geeze no, they don't have her papers either. Most, if you look closely, are common cats that resemble a purebred. They're not purebreds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats