Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:36 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittilove View Post
He does it because he likes it.
YES ... it is that simple, nothing more sinister than that.

When I am working on stuff our one cat supervises me, he sits and watches me sometimes he will let out a little mirt.

If I didn't already have a zoo and you lived close to me I would take him off your hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,684,438 times
Awwww...
that is a good thing especially if you have a pretty shy kitty that is not close to others and only have you to be close to.

My cat (called her "my" kitty but she really is adopted due to DD so is actually DD's pet; but I really am the one taking care of her... feeding, cleaning etc.) is very "pesky" if you would call her that...

She is especially endearing b/c she will search you out when she misses you for too long, spy on everything you do & is especially a "nosey" little family member when DD bakes, I cook & she "tries" to "help" (yah, she is allowed on the counter but she never ever eat food off there nor begs for food b/c she is very very well-fed TY).
We'll just usually give her a kiss on her head or just bombard her with kisses & when she gets too much attention, she'll generally leave you alone to do whatever you need to do...
Lol... DD called our way to cure her "peskiness" the "kiss/hug" method... but it never fails to work.

My kitty is so pesky that even when she had her supervised time "outside" & if DD were to pick up an acorn to examine it... nosey kitty will wander up to her to see whats it all about & get "tricked" to be picked up & carried home every time.

We all adore our pesky little cat.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:15 PM

244 posts, read 253,255 times
I had a cat that used to do things like that to me, but I wasn't disturbed. I thought it was kinda funny. She used to like to crouch by a doorway and watch me sneakily with only 1 eye and 1 ear showing past the doorway! When my dad would come over, he would talk to her in a squeaky voice and she didn't like it. So every time, before he left, she would manage to sneak up on him and grab him around the ankle! (Gently, no biting or scratching.) I loved her so much. She died at age 19. I miss being spied on! As others have mentioned, a cat playmate might be a good idea. If you get another cat and they get along, your cat will be busy with a friend and much less likely to spy on you.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I recommend a full scale psychological evaluation. Possibly medication could help.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:37 PM

244 posts, read 253,255 times
For a laugh, google "ceiling cat" ... LOL! Cat spying is rampant!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:41 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyChantal View Post
For a laugh, google "ceiling cat" ... LOL! Cat spying is rampant!
But the black cat is Basement Cat. (You can google that too.)

Old 03-01-2012, 04:19 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,764 times
If the fact that your cat watches you freaks you out, maybe you're not really a cat person. This is completely normal behavior, there's nothing to be paranoid about, and I don't understand why it would irk anyone unless they just don't dig cats. My cats have always seen me as the "chosen one", and they have always been thorough about keeping tabs on me and watching my every move...because they love me and I'm their favorite person. I find it flattering, actually...and endearing. There are times when I want to be alone, to read or work or watch a movie, and when I feel that way I go into another room and close the door behind myself for awhile. Your cat is just being a normal cat, and he obviously loves you and thinks the world of you...it makes me sad for him that you are irked by this and ready to oust him from his favorite spots because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats