Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if you have already seen this but it is one of my favorites. I love interspecies friendships.

Cat and owl playing. [VIDEO]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
This is absolutely hilarious. I really thought the cat was going to eat the owl.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:02 PM

36 posts, read 83,908 times
That is funny! We have 7 cats at our house and there is at least one owl we hear sometimes. I have never seen anything like this video!

Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,244 times
This is adorable and I really want to like it...expect one tiny scratch and saliva contact could kill that owl. Cats carry a bacteria in their saliva that is deadly to birds. Public service announcement- if you have a cat and a bird, PLEASE do not allow them to have contact, no matter how gentle the cat might be. It isn't worth the risk.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:41 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,831,089 times
Did they go to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat?
In her nineteen years Weasie had only one encounter with an owl, and it didn't exactly make her happy. 'twas a mild winter night in 1998 when she decided to take a stroll/patrol around the neighborhood while I vegged on the couch reading. Not too long after leaving the house, she was on the front porch yelling for me to let her in - nothing unusual about that. But when I opened the door, she was pacing rapidly across the stoop and glancing nervously toward the utility wires over the sidewalk. Her eyes were almost completely dilated. Something was terrifying her, but what? As soon as she realized she had access into the house, she sprinted through the doorway and didn't stop 'til she reached the kitchen.
Naturally I wondered what had put that fright into her, so I craned my neck past the stoop overhang and saw what looked like an electrically charged bundle of dirty cotton atop the utility wires. Then the upper part of the "cotton" moved, and I was staring into the cold amber eyes of a snowy owl. S/he had gotten scary close to grabbing a whiskered furry snack - and Weasie knew it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats