Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 08:40 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times

Advertisements

Last Saturday I hosted a "Celebration of Weasie" for some of her fan club to reminisce about the nineteen years she I and shared. I didn't want to have the party outside because some of the pics, flyers, etc I dug up about her dated back to the '90s. The risk of their getting carried away on a gust of wind, or dampened in sudden rain, was too great. So - wouldn't'cha know it - the weather turned out to be magnificent. Humidity was low, the skies were clear and nearly cloudless, and there was only an occasional breeze. The temperature was in the upper 70's. If I didn't know better I'd swear Weasie had a hand - er, paw - in that.

Neighbor children, with some help from their mom, even brought homemade cat cookies!

Until now I'd never shared pics of my "sugar beet," even though I've written about her in this forum for years. 'bout time that changed.
Attached Thumbnails
Remembering Weasie-weezgallery.jpg   Remembering Weasie-kitty-cookies.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Default Awwwww.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Last Saturday I hosted a "Celebration of Weasie" for some of her fan club to reminisce about the nineteen years she I and shared. I didn't want to have the party outside because some of the pics, flyers, etc I dug up about her dated back to the '90s. The risk of their getting carried away on a gust of wind, or dampened in sudden rain, was too great. So - wouldn't'cha know it - the weather turned out to be magnificent. Humidity was low, the skies were clear and nearly cloudless, and there was only an occasional breeze. The temperature was in the upper 70's. If I didn't know better I'd swear Weasie had a hand - er, paw - in that.

Neighbor children, with some help from their mom, even brought homemade cat cookies!

Until now I'd never shared pics of my "sugar beet," even though I've written about her in this forum for years. 'bout time that changed.

You are such an inspiration!!! She looks as beautiful in her picture as I imagined her to be. Those children who contributed to the celebration (along with their moms) are a pure testament to how well people respond to you and shared your joy of Weasie in their own lives. I bet Weasie was hiding out behind one of those gentle breezes, little nose in the air, watching her tribute and seeing the sweet face of one who loved her so dearly for so many years. It will be such a joyous reunion for you two some day. Now, when are you gonna become a full time catdad again???? Life is good - with a few cats in it anyway!!!! Thank you for sharing your story.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Wasn't she a pretty girl.

Love the cookies! What a perfect addition to the celebration.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,752 times
Oh, what a beautiful, baby girl!! She looks a bit peeved by her birthday hat in the one pic - just how my Spooky would look! So lovely.

I also love the cookies! How nice!

Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Hugs to you.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Weasie was never one for being photographed. She got that from her stepdad.
Notice, if you will, the pic toward the back of the table. The cat sharing space with her is her long-lost brother Puppy. One of the things I whispered to Weasie as she lay sedated in my lap the day she died was, "Do you see Puppy? He's been waiting for you. Go to him. I'll be back together with you both someday."

Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
How sweet is that.

It's truly an inspiration that you can celebrate and find joy in her, even as she is now departed from you. I hope hope hope that another lonely cat out there that needs you, finds their way to you sooner rather than later. Surely all of the love that you have to offer can't go to waste on grieving alone. She is happy with Puppy again, and ticking the time away until you all can be reunited again.

God bless the little children and their little cat-cookies, that is too precious for words!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times
Guy, that is very cool & kind of you!

I'd never thought to do this for our boy we lost in '08. I do think Weasie was one sweetheart looking kitty & you were VERY lucky, & priviledged to have her for SO long.

Again, way to go on this celebration of her life.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Weasie was an institution on your block. What a lovely way to commemorate what she meant to everyone, and what all your neighbors' love of her meant to you. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:29 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
said it before...say it again: I want to live in your neighborhood.
Was there ever a cat more loved than your precious Weasie?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:28 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Weasie is a beautiful "Angel", bro.

Weasie & puppy are running & playing, in the warmth of the sun, by the Rainbow bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats