Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:12 AM

506 posts, read 1,160,287 times

Advertisements

Poor kitten left to die - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 07:55 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset2000 View Post
For those of us who don't have unlimited downloads, please explain this video. What happened to this kitten?

Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
For those of us who don't have unlimited downloads, please explain this video. What happened to this kitten?
What kind of internet service provider do you have?

A woman (the person recording this) saw a kitten on a bus stop, all brused, probably hit by a car. Kitten can't walk, just lie there on the side walk. Woman approached, but kitten was very defensive.

More to come....

Old 08-11-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
What kind of internet service provider do you have?
Verizon wireless as there is little choice in the semi-rural area where I live. What service do you have that's unlimited?

Quote:
A woman (the person recording this) saw a kitten on a bus stop, all brused, probably hit by a car. Kitten can't walk, just lie there on the side walk. Woman approached, but kitten was very defensive.

More to come....
So the video doesn't say what happened to the kitten?

Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Verizon wireless as there is little choice in the semi-rural area where I live. What service do you have that's unlimited?
Are you on your smart phone or computer? I never heard of a computer ISP that have limited data.

So, then this woman put the scared kitten into her handbag. She took the bus and head home. She has other pets in her house, including a big yellow cat, who doesn't seem to care much about the kitten. Then, there was a footage of this kitten drinking water for a long time. He must be very thirsty. He can't stand, sut lying there while drinking. Then, the lady feed him some cat food.

Moving forward to few days later, this kitten is recovered. Getting petted by the woman, and playing in the living room with toys.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Are you on your smart phone or computer? I never heard of a computer ISP that have limited data.
Some ISPs are limiting the data you can download now. Too many people are taking advantage by downloading movies and other huge files for hours at a time. Verizon LIMITS it's internet subscribers to 5GBs a month which I share with my husband. If we go over, Verizon charges us more. I have a PC, no SmartPhone. We had Satellite PC for years but the service was horrible and slower than Verizon Wireless. So you can see why we don't download videos anymore.

Quote:
So, then this woman put the scared kitten into her handbag. She took the bus and head home. She has other pets in her house, including a big yellow cat, who doesn't seem to care much about the kitten. Then, there was a footage of this kitten drinking water for a long time. He must be very thirsty. He can't stand, sut lying there while drinking. Then, the lady feed him some cat food.

Moving forward to few days later, this kitten is recovered. Getting petted by the woman, and playing in the living room with toys.
I love happy endings!

Old 08-11-2012, 05:46 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
OP, when you start a thread with the horrible title "kitten left to die," would you PLEASE tell us it has a happy ending right from the start? This isn't a soap opera forum.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:36 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Some ISPs are limiting the data you can download now. Too many people are taking advantage by downloading movies and other huge files for hours at a time. Verizon LIMITS it's internet subscribers to 5GBs a month which I share with my husband. If we go over, Verizon charges us more. I have a PC, no SmartPhone. We had Satellite PC for years but the service was horrible and slower than Verizon Wireless. So you can see why we don't download videos anymore.
FWIW, most wireless cell phone network based internet plans like this have limits. The ones that don't in theory really still do have some kind of limit in practice (they slow you down if you use too much, etc.) Most wire-based providers (cable company or landline telephone company) have no limit or a hidden limit that's so high that even with lots of video streaming most people won't hit it. The vast majority of people live within an area where they can get one of these wire-based providers. That's why the idea of being at home and having such a low limit is foreign to them. I can understand your scenario but it isn't a common one. If you live in an area where you can get Clear, you should look into that instead. See clear.com. WildBlue is the modern satellite provider; I know someone who has this. The speed has improved recently, still not ideal though. Satellite is always last resort but I'm not sure I ever would consider it last resort compared to a limited cell-based wireless. I would have to compare them were I in a position where I couldn't get a wire-based provider or Clear.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
FWIW, most wireless cell phone network based internet plans like this have limits. The ones that don't in theory really still do have some kind of limit in practice (they slow you down if you use too much, etc.)
Yes, it's called "fapping" or "fair access policy" and that's what our Sat' provider would do. So downloading movies and music files wouldn't work too well.

Quote:
Most wire-based providers (cable company or landline telephone company) have no limit or a hidden limit that's so high that even with lots of video streaming most people won't hit it. The vast majority of people live within an area where they can get one of these wire-based providers. That's why the idea of being at home and having such a low limit is foreign to them.
You're right. They don't realize millions of us still live in rural and semi-rural areas. We just recently got reliable wireless out here. But we also like that we can take our Hotspot everywhere with us. We go camping a lot and spend winters in FL.

Quote:
I can understand your scenario but it isn't a common one. If you live in an area where you can get Clear, you should look into that instead. See clear.com. WildBlue is the modern satellite provider; I know someone who has this.
We got rid of Wildblue. We had it for years. We'd lose the signal every time it snowed or rained where we live. Downloads ranged from medium fast to quite slow as the Gateways clogged after 5 PM. And no portable Hotspot. I was unable to add my address at the website to see if Clear covers this area where I live. I don't have a MAC address, whatever that is. ?!?!?!

Quote:
The speed has improved recently, still not ideal though. Satellite is always last resort but I'm not sure I ever would consider it last resort compared to a limited cell-based wireless. I would have to compare them were I in a position where I couldn't get a wire-based provider or Clear.
It really ticks us off because wire-based runs along a main road out here with few houses yet they wont bring it down these side roads full of houses and building up more each year. So we have either Verizon wireless or Wildblue but the 5GBs a month is the pits.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:47 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times
If you're worried about watching a 4 minute Youtube, then you're in a bad situation. If dailup is available in your area for cheaper, it might be better just to go with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats