Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Sometimes it feels like we have had him forever and sometimes I can't believe a year has gone by. I am so glad I had to get the cat fever out that day! Jamie loves that kitty almost as much as I do! Heehee. Of course I am with him all day long....

He needs a party, doesn't he?

Absolutely!!! I was telling my hubby about you both at dinner tonight and he asked me - "Is she planning on making him a tuna cake? Really, take tuna cat food and shape it into a fish shape, put a candle in it, and sing to him!!!" No, we don't do it (jeez - that would be 22 tuna cakes), but if I just had the one baby I would go for it!!! Have some fun and give him a big smoochie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
It would be a crime to not have a party!
Weasie's exact date of birth is unknown, but it was probably sometime during August of 1992. Once she'd reached the age of 14 I decided that was worth celebrating. So in early August of 2006, and annually thereafter until what turned out to be her last approximate birthday in '11, that's exactly what I did.
Each year I had a cake baked especially for her - more accurately, for the guests at the parties. The bakery people got completely into the spirit. One year a pair of toy mice with belled tails was imbedded in the icing. Other cakes were iced with chocolate paw prints included, or the outline of a cat from behind complete with whiskers, etc. Even now when I visit the bakery that was involved I'm remembered for that reason.
How the invited guests would scoff, laugh, and roll their eyes when they realized who the party was for! But don'cha know, the same folks with the smart remarks were the ones who showed up bearing presents and even cards. Never in six years was the weather less than perfect on Weasie's special day. The back yard would fill with neighbors and friends, two of whom always remarked that it was "THE social event of the year around here." As for Weasie? She was fully aware that all those humans were assembling to fete her. No sooner did the first celebrants arrive than she was jumping onto the gift table to inspect the merchandise. (Compounding the "silliness," her presents were always wrapped. But her nose knew that under the ribbons and gaudy paper was catnip, something laced with it, or canned food or kitty snacks.) She'd either make the rounds of the tables and pause for attention from every person, or at the very least conspicuously dash through the gathering.
Fate didn't allow for a twentieth-birthday party. So instead I held a "celebration of Weasie" last May. Photos, old invitations, "lost" and "found" flyers, etc covered a large tabletop. While munching cat-shaped cookies (including some baked by children on my street), and sipping lemonade, folks caught up on each other's lives and struck up new acquaintances and reminisced. ("Everybody" had Weasie stories to tell.)

The tradition will continue with Seteria and Blaliko. For them the plan is to have an "A" (for adoption) Day party - as opposed to one for a "b-day." Since the elusive Seteria was finally apprehended for TNR on July 12th last year the target date is 7/13/13.

I can already picture KK wearing a pointy hat, with a noisemaker between his fangs.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,821,998 times
Many congrats!!! Where will the pary be held? You have open bookings on a particular airline and at a hotel for us out of town guests?

Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I wrote an e mail to the rescue I got him from. I see them pretty regularly and donate to them. I can't foster for them because Kitty Katty has to be an only kitty.

He is the best Kitty ever.... =)

Old 04-26-2013, 02:41 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Thank you for adopting an adult cat, and a black one no less.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Thank you for adopting an adult cat, and a black one no less.
Absolutely!!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 06:59 AM

Well today is his day! He also gets to meet SOs parents for the first time. I think they think their son has hooked up with the crazy cat lady, lol. They love me anyway..

Wait til they come in and see his picture on the mantle... heeheee

Old 04-27-2013, 12:36 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I think Kitty Katty needs a vacuum to ride and a shark costume.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well today is his day! He also gets to meet SOs parents for the first time. I think they think their son has hooked up with the crazy cat lady, lol. They love me anyway..

Wait til they come in and see his picture on the mantle... heeheee

I truly hope you all have a wonderful day - KK's grandparents will LOVE him - how could they not? I think his picture on the mantle is totally appropriate - after all, home is where the heart is!!!
BTW - have you seen the kitty in the shark suit, riding the roomba and following a little duck? I thought about KK the entire time and imagining him wearing that little shark suit!!! The fin is what got me (fin and fang!!!). Have a wonderful day and enjoy your company!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:38 PM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
I hope y'all had a great celebration. TwoStep used to get a roll of toilet paper with no restrictions on the use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats