Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times

Advertisements

So yesterday I'm working on my computer in my home office and notice that Annie is using one of the two litter boxes in the room. She had her lovely back side to me and I, um, noticed she was pooping. Two seconds later she is leaving the box and I thought, "Wait a minute ..." She made like she was about to scoot her butt along the carpet and we all know what THAT means!!

I very carefully scooped HER up and took her into the bathroom ... I closed the door behind us so she couldn't escape, got some toilet tissue, and did what needed to be done, all the while thinking "Really? This is what I do now?"

I then gave her a kiss on her forehead and she ran away to play, very happy.

So what are some yucky things you do for YOUR kitties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Since Kitty Katty sits with me all the time, I have kitty wipes sitting right here. No matter what any of you say, he is a little fatty and he cant reach all areas.

You know, I think he gets way too many kisses and he totally has us trained to feed him on the clock......

The main yucky thing I do is clean the litter box. I do it, it has to be done, doesn't mean I like it!

SO says I have to deal with the back and he deals with the front. That means I clean the litter box and he feeds him.

Since he deals with the front, he has furball duty...most of the time.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 AM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Opened a can of cat food last night and as the lid popped off the can, a generous splatter of cat food...juice...splattered all over my hand, arm, and even my face. I had a spot on my glasses. Ugh...really?

Last week I was giving Nimbus some skritches and he happened to notice this one big steampunk ring I wear, it's made of wrapped wire and has a large bead in the middle of it...here, it's similar to this one, which was made by the same artist (from Google images)... http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...gs-d3blolo.jpg

...he sells on Etsy if you're interested, but anyways...

Nimbus noticed my ring and started gnawing on it. It was cute (like every single thing he does) so I didn't force him to stop instantly... Later that night, long after I'd forgotten all about it, I was sitting at the bar during our pool playoffs, and raised that hand up against my face, elbow on the bar like, and that ring passed beneath my nose. It smelled like stinky, meaty, kitty breath.

>.<

Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Opened a can of cat food last night and as the lid popped off the can, a generous splatter of cat food...juice...splattered all over my hand, arm, and even my face. I had a spot on my glasses. Ugh...really?

Last week I was giving Nimbus some skritches and he happened to notice this one big steampunk ring I wear, it's made of wrapped wire and has a large bead in the middle of it...here, it's similar to this one, which was made by the same artist (from Google images)... http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...gs-d3blolo.jpg

...he sells on Etsy if you're interested, but anyways...

Nimbus noticed my ring and started gnawing on it. It was cute (like every single thing he does) so I didn't force him to stop instantly... Later that night, long after I'd forgotten all about it, I was sitting at the bar during our pool playoffs, and raised that hand up against my face, elbow on the bar like, and that ring passed beneath my nose. It smelled like stinky, meaty, kitty breath.

>.<
I'm laughing with you, not at you......

WHen Kitty lays across my arms his fangs dig into my arm and he drools on me, and it is not a good thing.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,039,432 times
Here's my confession. Sammy has seasonal allergies just like me. If I sneeze, he sneezes. When we have cuddle time I clean his nose and pick any offending boogers off his cute little nose. Sounds gross but it gets worse. He has sneezed right in my face so many times that he slimes me! At least I cover my mouth when I sneeze to spare him! The most disturbing thing about the situation is that I think he enjoys sliming me...he has a very suspicious gleam in his eyes and looks like he is smiling.

The things we do and the things we put up with. Yes, I am owned by 4 cats. Confession feels so good!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:59 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times
I started a thread a few years ago about picking Langley's nose and other admitted they do the same thing. he has a light face and any yucky stuff on the sides of his nose accumulates and I have to pick his nose.

Also he and Oscar are very long haired Ragdolls and sometimes....well I have to chase them down to clean them up. Doesn't happen often but when it does it is really gross. If I don't clean them up I will find a surprise in my bed or on the sofa- That's not good.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,997,451 times
Occasionally Phaedra gets "dingleberries" stuck to her breeches.... and we have to remove it by cutting and trimming her breeches. She hates that.... *sigh*

Old 05-21-2013, 12:40 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,935 times
Yup....with 22 furballs in the house - been there..done that!!! Actually, I sometimes resent the time spent cleaning, wiping, snipping, scooping, etc. but it goes with the territory and has to be done. Lucky for me I am not squeamish but I can get around a kid with a stinky diaper and it makes me gag....I think I long ago got over my gag factor with the kitties - but that doesn't make it any more pleasant. I just remind myself that I am doing it for THEM because I love them, want them comfortable and clean, and it's my job as a catmom.
PS - I use baby wipes on two of our little fat girls who can't reach their behinds any more. Wiping beats the alternative (know what you mean...Karen!!!)

Old 05-21-2013, 05:03 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,941,311 times
One of mine has CH so he is "bumbling" all the time. Every time he went number 2 in the litter box his rear paws would slip and fall into it. I had to clean poop off his hind legs for months! He has gotten so much stronger now and can finally control his back paws/legs while going number 2. However he is not the best cover upper! Do any of yours scratch the sides of the box or walls instead of covering up their "business"? Bumbies will scratch the sides (the plastic) for several minutes. He will stop just to smell and then he is back at it. I have to go over and cover the poop and tell him he is all done so he will stop and come out.

Wanted to know when I should expect furballs? 2 of mine are over a year old the others are probably around 10 months. Never seen a hairball yet!

Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 PM

You may not see one. (hairball) Mine only brings them up very rarely.

I used to have a cat that scratched the sides of the box like that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats