Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:45 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times

Advertisements

Despite all the warnings I went ahead and bought it. The ONLY reason I weakened was because one of the cats, Pumpkin to be exact, was mesmerized by the commercial. We've had it for almost 2 weeks. The cover is shredded thanks to Samson. So far I've only replaced the batteries one time. It does make some odd noises now. I thought it was going to give out last weekend. I took it apart, what a PITA! There is a rubber piece, almost like a rubber band, that runs through some type of pulley(?). The band was off so I put it back on track and put the darn thing back together. I was ready to throw it through the window it was such a pain to put back together! After many choice words, I did manage to fix it. It seems to run better but not with the canvas cover. Samson and Angel love it! They fight over it too.

As for Pumpkin. She runs from it! She was the reason why I got it in the first place. Silly cats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 07:53 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times
Best cat toy here is a fresh piece of palm, the guys act as if I gave them the sun and the moon, LOL They play with it until it dries with or without me.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,090 times
Default It lasted a few weeks!

I Have have 2 F-5 Bengal's which one is one the wild side and the other is tamer most of the time. They loved it when it was working, but they do get very bored quickly but tend to go back to the toy after awhile. After a few weeks it slowed down, I changed 3 C batteries, it worked for about 5 minutes and slowed slowed down and again. Changed batteries again, same thing, went and bought new batteries, not difference, I figured bad motor, now to contact the company.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:47 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman512 View Post
I Have have 2 F-5 Bengal's which one is one the wild side and the other is tamer most of the time. They loved it when it was working, but they do get very bored quickly but tend to go back to the toy after awhile. After a few weeks it slowed down, I changed 3 C batteries, it worked for about 5 minutes and slowed slowed down and again. Changed batteries again, same thing, went and bought new batteries, not difference, I figured bad motor, now to contact the company.
Somehow I think the company will not help ... I bet they require that you return the bad one, which will likely cost almost as much as the item itself. I suspect they count on people just throwing them away when they break down (as it sounds like they do a lot!!).

Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman512 View Post
As I posted earlier in this thread, this toy is a great idea... but is just a cheap & poorly made piece of Chinese junk. Save yourself the headache and waste of time trying to get it repaired/replaced. Even if they agree to replace the toy you will probably have to pay shipping to return the bad one, and at best you will get another one that is just as bad and will fail like the first one. Write it off as experience and look for something better for your cats.
Love the F-5 reference to your Bengals BTW (I assume you mean the Fujita scale for tornados.)

Old 02-21-2014, 10:50 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
So far it is still working. We use it without the cover now and Angel and Samson are fine with that. They both still love it. For variety I sometimes put a ball in front of the mouse wand. They'll chase the ball but always come back to the toy. I'd be happy to get another month out of it. When it dies, I'm not going to bother returning it. Watching them play with it for this long and not losing interest is enough for me!

Old 02-21-2014, 01:27 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I figured those things would quit working quickly and seems that was confirmed here. We have a similar device but it is a ball in a round track. She knocks the ball around herself and pounces on it from across the room. She also gets both her paws in the track and tries to pull the ball out.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I figured those things would quit working quickly and seems that was confirmed here. We have a similar device but it is a ball in a round track. She knocks the ball around herself and pounces on it from across the room. She also gets both her paws in the track and tries to pull the ball out.
Yep..... Turbo Scratcher I think it's called. It's one of the few store-bought toys that my cats actually play with. My ladycat Angel really loves it. She's played with it since she was a kitten (in 2003) and does exactly what you describe yours doing. She's become quite the 'expert' with it and really gets into spinning that ball around. The scratch pad in the center gets used up fairly quickly too. Really the best cat toy money I ever spent.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:08 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Yep..... Turbo Scratcher I think it's called. It's one of the few store-bought toys that my cats actually play with. My ladycat Angel really loves it. She's played with it since she was a kitten (in 2003) and does exactly what you describe yours doing. She's become quite the 'expert' with it and really gets into spinning that ball around. The scratch pad in the center gets used up fairly quickly too. Really the best cat toy money I ever spent.
My cats LOVE the Turbo scratchers (for those who don't know what we're talking about, here's a link: Amazon.com: Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy, Colors May Vary: Pet Supplies ). I have a bunch of them (2 upstairs, 2 downstairs, 1 on the screened porch) and also bought lots of replacement cardboard pads for them (since I have to change them pretty frequently!). The only thing I DON'T like is that you can't choose the colors ... the first ones I bought were green (which I like) but the most recent ones have been navy blue (which I don't like). Ah well, my cats don't care.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
My cats LOVE the Turbo scratchers (for those who don't know what we're talking about, here's a link: Amazon.com: Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy, Colors May Vary: Pet Supplies ). I have a bunch of them (2 upstairs, 2 downstairs, 1 on the screened porch) and also bought lots of replacement cardboard pads for them (since I have to change them pretty frequently!). The only thing I DON'T like is that you can't choose the colors ... the first ones I bought were green (which I like) but the most recent ones have been navy blue (which I don't like). Ah well, my cats don't care.
The one I have is a slightly dark red, but it's 2003 vintage. Haven't seen another one that color in all these years. But like you said, the cats could care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats