Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 04:02 PM

730 posts, read 1,314,577 times

Advertisements

Update on the poor boy who was beaten by kids. He has had surgery to remove his eye and drain the pocket of puss that formed.... his legs were broken and are in splints. His nails were torn from his paws, declawing himself likely from digging in the ground to get away from his at...tackers as they were caked with dirt and blood. He was doing well after his surgery.... but his main problem now is his broken jaw that is preventing him from eating and he can't keep up his strength. He is still at the vet, but he needs a special vet hospital to repair the damage to give him hope. Renee hasn't given up on him yet, but she is searching for a vet that is outside her network willing to do the procedure..... all of these costs are falling on her. The leads to find the kids is getting cold and news 12 who first responded to the event has been slacking. Police were also called by the family, and nothing was done. This boy deserves help.... and he deserves that people care about this. I would like to attempt a fundraiser for this poor guy.... but without people spreading the word, it will be pointless. In the meantime, Chance at Life Cat Rescue has a pay pal donation link through their website and their facebook.
Any donation made to the attention of the Patterson kitty (his temporary name is Quattro) would be greatly appreciated and will not go to waste.
Don't let this fall through the cracks simply because there isn't a video to make this a viral thing. Repost.... and post again.

Unfortunately, Quattro didn't make it, so sad, but thought you might want to donate to the ChanceAtLifeCatRescue. i wish the kids who did it could the same thing done to them.

Donate here ---> http://chanceatlifecatrescue.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 06:24 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
I hadn't heard about this, and I'm so very sorry Quattro didn't survive. Perhaps with all his injuries it's a blessing he didn't. It would be easy for me to go on a rant here, but that wouldn't do this poor cat any good now. Bless you and ALL the people who did their best to help him. I can only hope those responsible are caught & punished accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats