Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 11:27 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,585 times

Advertisements

I switched flavors of food from Friskies seafood to Friskies indoor. One of the cats has since started puking all over my damn house. Yes, I am going to get him back on the previous food ASAP, but aside from that, any idea if that could be the culprit?? Frustrating!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 12:33 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,922,669 times
Yes, a change in food can cause vomiting, especially if you switch suddenly. There's also a chance a cat can't tolerate one of the ingredients in the new food.

If you switch back and there's still vomiting, there may be something medical going on. You may want to find out which cat(s) is vomiting so you can monitor him/her. Unfortunately, vomiting is a symptom of so many things (or nothing) in cats.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:39 PM

568 posts, read 961,966 times
Friskies is junk food for cats. Try Purina Natural...less processed.
BTW: when you eat something disagreeable and start puking..I hope YOUR family doesnt get frustrated ;-/
Poot kitty ;-{

Old 07-17-2014, 01:13 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
Friskies is junk food for cats. Try Purina Natural...less processed.
BTW: when you eat something disagreeable and start puking..I hope YOUR family doesnt get frustrated ;-/
Poot kitty ;-{
Yeah, I don't do it all over the carpet, in every room, on the couch, on the brand new rug I just bought, and yeah, in case it wasn't already clear, I'm not in love with this cat....Not to mention he's overweight, if that has any bearing on anything.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:53 PM

484 posts, read 761,014 times
Poor kitty I hope he is feeling better. Try not to be too hard on him, he doesn't really know any better, and moreover - he is feeling poorly - so go easy on him.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:56 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,205,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I switched flavors of food from Friskies seafood to Friskies indoor. One of the cats has since started puking all over my damn house. Yes, I am going to get him back on the previous food ASAP, but aside from that, any idea if that could be the culprit?? Frustrating!!!

Switch your cat or cats to grain free food if possible. Friskies and 9-Lives and the like are junk food for cats. A good grain free food is better.......and better for their tummies too.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:56 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times
you should be feeding all your cats a high quality (not available in grocery store) grain free WET food. especially males cats can get UTIs from dry food. Never suddenly change any pet's diet but do so gradually-even to a better diet. Vomiting is not good and can cause severe dehydration. You might have to take him to the vet to get his liquids under control. If it was my cat and the vomiting is as bad as you say I would have him at the vet ASAP.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:03 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,759,383 times
Poor kitty! I agree it was probably the food change. If he's overweight he's either getting too much food or he might have a thyroid issue. If it were my cat I would still take her to the vet for a checkup.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:44 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,421,693 times
Of course you don't throw up on the rug and couch. You're human and you know better. Please try to give him a break. Of course it's not fun, but when you bring an animal into your home, this is one of the things you're signing on for. They depend on us for everything. Not their fault.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:50 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,620,523 times
Take him to a vet... as someone said, it could be thyroid issues or age. I had one overweight kitty that died of a heart attack; she had been vomiting for a few days before and then just dropped dead. I don't think that could be the issue here, but it wouldn't hurt to get a vet opinion. It might just be a sudden switch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats