Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 11:31 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,708,719 times

Advertisements

RIP Tiffany!

https://gma.yahoo.com/worlds-oldest-...news-pets.html

Quote:
Tiffany Two, the world's oldest cat, died in her sleep on May 22 at 27 years, two months and 9 days old, her owner said.

"She spent her last days laying either on the deck or down in the yard," owner Sharron Voorhees told ABC News. "She used to sleep right next to me every night. But in recent months she slept in the middle of the staircase, or, most recently, she had taken up residence on the dog's huge pillow-bed in the living room. But that night she slept next to me on her heated pad. And that is where she passed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 12:01 AM

7,121 posts, read 5,235,097 times
She definitely was not the oldest cat. However, any feline who makes it to that age is remarkable~as long as there are no serious health problems.

Presently, we have two female cats, one fairly tame though she was formerly feral (Sophie) and her semi-feral daughter (Mamacat). Both are far past the 25-year mark though we can't be sure of their actual ages. They were grown and bearing litters when they first came here at least a quarter-century ago; we weren't sure till relatively recently that Sophie is the older one. Though showing her age, she still is getting around great despite being fragile-looking. Mamacat is still having kittens though we keep trying to tame her enough to have her spayed, as we did for Sophie. Most of the time, the kittens simply disappear, and we never know what became of them. Feral kittens definitely have a high mortality rate. We keep hoping that we can tame some and find homes for them, but Mother Nature can be cruel to felines.

We had two cats who did make it past the 20-year mark: Timothy was about 23; and Pyewacket was nearly 22. Oddly, they looked exactly alike except that Pye was only slightly smaller than the very large Tim (30+ pounds during the fall and winter~and that wasn't overweight for him).

Old 06-05-2015, 10:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sorry to hear that she passed, but she lived quite a long life! I can only hope that my dear cat reaches age 27 someday.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:06 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,933,516 times
That really is an amazing life--I can't imagine having a cat that long (though I would certainly love it if that happened)!

Old 06-05-2015, 02:24 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,394,751 times
Always hate to hear of a cat, or any pet, passing away. Just glad she was able to stay in her home, and was next to the person that loved her when her time came. Can't ask for any better than that.

Run free at the Bridge Tiffany.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:39 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,634,583 times
Default Tiffany Two, World's Oldest Living Cat, Has Died At The Age Of 27

The world's oldest living cat, a feline named Tiffany Two, died last month at the age of 27 years, two months and nine days old.

In human terms, that's about 125 years old, says Guinness World Records, which confirmed the cat's death on Wednesday.

Tiffany Two, World's Oldest Living Cat, Has Died At The Age Of 27
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats