Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 05:35 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

Does your cat like when you sing or whistle?

My younger cat does. I start to whistle a song, and she is on my lap. OH NO I think... why did I start whistling>?

Same thing when I sing.

Now, if music is playing, which is most always, that does not affect her. Only if I sing or whistle, and she has to be right with me.

She will get close to my face, and rub her cheek against mine and purr.

She always has to be right with me, for the past couple months, which is also strange, because she used to be a little loner, who just kept to her self and would sit with you only when she wanted to.

No she is with me as long as I am home. If I am cooking, with, sitting here, she sits on the floor next to me, or on the back of my chair, sometimes my lap.

If I am in bed... she is with me.

I know this is a no matter thread.. so if no one answers.. its ok... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,956,019 times
Default my cat barks and dances

My female, Annabelle Lee, barks at me and dances for treats. I have to get a video of this....sooo funny. When she wants to get my attention, she maks a noise like "rawf", it's not a meow, shorter, sharper tone and her meow is distinct squeeky "mew".

She started dancing for treats...she'll stand by a table leg (always a table dance) purring loudly and mewing, marching her front feet, curling them as she lifts them, and the back feet move too! she has taught herself a rear leg high kick and if I tell her to move the "left foot" she will. I stand by her and sing "chow chow chow" and snap my fingers or tap my hands, she's so proud of herself. Of course it's a ploy to get treats...and it works.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:46 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I have always heard that whistling hurts a cats ears. I used to have a cat that came running when I whistled. If would rub on me and love on me, if I didn't stop, he would bite on me a little, nothing too hard.

I do often sing to my cats, I make it up as I go along and work their names into it. Rufus just loves it when I sing to him, you can tell by the look on his face.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:07 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,956,019 times
Default whistling

My old cat, The Mooch, was white, with blue eyes and partially deaf. He chose to hear what he wanted to hear. To get his attention, I whistled, he'd come running. He heard the whistling! even now, if I'm trying to get the hairballs attention I whistle and of course Bubba comes running, Annabelle...well at least she'll look to see if I have treats!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 12:38 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
My cat does not like anything. She is too good for us puny humans. She would prefer that we make no nose at all, simply come when summoned for food service, massage or entertainment. Otherwise we are to remain unseen and unheard.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,555,611 times
My cat hates country music and Nextel two way radios! I had a nextel and a friend that would call on the radio. Everytime he would talk my cat would run over and start trying to get to my hand holding the phone. One time, my friend called from a bar that had a live country band. He held the phone up to let me hear the music for a minute. My cat bit the phone and tried to knock it out of my hand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats