Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 02:42 AM

188 posts, read 663,102 times

Advertisements

Vegan hippy dippy checking in here. NEUTER your cat. It's better for him and for you. It is NOT cruelty. There are tons of unwanted kittens killed in shelters because people won't neuter or spay fluffy. Please do the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 07:32 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanTruckerPride View Post
Talked to my wife about the neutering process and she started to give me a lecture on animal cruelty. She loves animals to death. She has grown attached. Is there ny way to deal with the B.S from the cat without neutering??.

What's cruel is all the puppies and kittens who will be euthanized in shelters because people don't neuter or spay their animals.

I don't get how you can stand the smell of an unneutered cat's urine being sprayed on your walls. If your wife has grown attached to the cat, get him neutered ASAP, feed him wet food and keep him indoors. Otherwise he will be getting in fights with other cats, become prey for coyotes or loose dogs and bring all kinds of pests in with him like fleas & ticks.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:21 AM

838 posts, read 555,633 times
Quote:
Talked to my wife about the neutering process and she started to give me a lecture on animal cruelty. She loves animals to death. She has grown attached. Is there ny way to deal with the B.S from the cat without neutering??.
Here's the thing tho -- if your cat is essentially victimizing other cats, that can be considered animal cruelty. But you and your wife have a way of protecting the other cats being abused. Your cat is just doing what his hormones/instinct is directing him to do. And neutering your cat would be doing him a favor, too. Do you think he enjoys being so aggressive to the point he is not being touched or loved?

I hope you and your wife do what is in the best interest of your cat. Then you will all have peace and harmony..... and no unwanted and abandoned kittens that lose their life because a simple procedure was not performed.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:20 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times
Adding my agreement with everyone else. Get him neutered asap. With all due respect to your wife, spaying and neutering is not cruelty in any way. That is simply misguided thinking and not so at all. I've been living with multiple cats and dogs for 30 years, and that would not have been possible had they all not been fixed.

Also agree about the dry food issue. Count your blessing that your cat won't eat it.

As for knocking things over at night, he might calm down a little after he's fixed but will probably still roam at night. Some cats are quite adept at prowling the house at night and not doing any damage, while others can be a klutz and break things... accidently or on purpose. Best advice is to 'cat proof' your house and put away any cherished breakables or anything easily damaged. Small, moveable nick-nacks and cats sometimes don't mix well.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:23 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
My cats have their route set so I just can't put things I don't want knocked over on their 'playing chase' route.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:42 PM

3,975 posts, read 4,264,938 times
And putting his butt in your face means he likes you. Kittens do that to Mom Cat when they want/need to be groomed and attended to.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:05 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
Do you guys think we will ever see the OP again?

Old 01-06-2017, 07:10 AM

838 posts, read 555,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Do you guys think we will ever see the OP again?
I'm thinking not. But if he does come back I hope it will be to update us on the fact that the kitty's neuter went well. But I'm not holding out any hope.

I hope the other cats who become this one's target will be OK too.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:38 PM

5 posts, read 18,633 times
I have an appointment Monday to get the cat neutered. Only question now is how do I tell my wife?

Old 01-07-2017, 04:28 AM

914 posts, read 738,486 times
Quote:
I have an appointment Monday to get the cat neutered. Only question now is how do I tell my wife?
Show her this thread and all the comments about neutering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats