Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 11:51 AM

130,856 posts, read 12,216,978 times

Advertisements

So the idiot receptionist called & said the latest blood tests on Paws are all negative. So no parasites, which I had already suspected, as they are carried by fleas, & he does get the regular dosing of flea drops. She says bring him in on Thursday.............Thursday!! This is after I already told her that he has gone downhill a lot over the weekend. I asked her to get me a copy of all the tests ready for pick up, so we can take him to a different vet. I have no faith left in this one.

( this is a follow up from: https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...g-carrier.html

I called the local cat rescue to get a recommendation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 12:58 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,924,200 times
That is frustrating and maddening and after all you have done...sorry they seem so lax...

But glad you are taking the initiative for a new vet eval...

best of luck, evening sun

[/i][/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
So the idiot receptionist called & said the latest blood tests on Paws are all negative. So no parasites, which I had already suspected, as they are carried by fleas, & he does get the regular dosing of flea drops. She says bring him in on Thursday.............Thursday!! This is after I already told her that he has gone downhill a lot over the weekend. I asked her to get me a copy of all the tests ready for pick up, so we can take him to a different vet. I have no faith left in this one.

( this is a follow up from: https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...g-carrier.html

I called the local cat rescue to get a recommendation.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:35 PM

6,180 posts, read 4,571,105 times
When you call the rescue, tell them the trouble you have getting him "in" anything, to take anywhere, and see if they can help you. I think their vets are very knowledgeable and I hope they can help him.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:16 PM

3,977 posts, read 4,283,830 times
Sorry for your frustration and justifiable anger! Glad you are going to a different vet. I will keep my paws crossed that they can figure out what is going on with your kitty!

Old 10-02-2017, 08:40 PM

Thank you, I made an appointment with the emergency clinic in the next town over, which is a much larger area. I live in a small rural town & I don't rate that vet, & the other vets are all too busy. I have a coupon for a free office visit, for non emergency & I fully expect to pay for x rays or other diagnostic tests. We are both seniors, so the coupon will help. Anyhow, he is still droopy looking, but has eaten a little bit & is drinking water. Right now, he is staying in the bathroom, which is good, becasue there is not any hiding places, apart from one chair, & the towel closet, both of each would be easy to catch him in. The living room or bedroom are too full of places to run to, hide under.

We also went to the sporting store & bought a fishing net to scoop him in. Thanks to whoever suggested that.

I am feeling much better, now that he has picked at some food & is voluntarily confining himself to the bathroom.

Thank you for all of the support.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:03 PM

so we left Paws at the vets, he will be force fed some food, not nice I know, but he has lost some ( too much) weight, they will also put him on a drip to re hydrate him, as he is dehydrated, I knew that was a strong possibility due to him not eating or drinking. She will also do an ultra sound on his abdomen. She also said that it is still possible that he has the blood parasites, as his symptoms do indicate that, fair enough, the other vets receptionist just called up & said he did not have them, & when I asked her about the prior diagnosis she denied she ever said it. So that vets needs a new receptionist.

We took his medication with us, & she said she agreed with that medication & offered to give him a pill in front of us, to show us how easy t was lol well Paws got the better of her, she used a pill popper, which is like no needle syringe & pops the pill at the back of his mouth, he spit out the first attempt, so she had to do it twice & she even commented on how fast he is. So we agreed to have him hospitalized for a few days, it costs money, but we want to find out what the problem is, & have it treated, if we brought him home, after the fiasco of trapping him this morning, it would be even harder to give him the medication, plus the drops in the tuna juice were going unused, as he had no appetite or thirst.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:31 PM

6,180 posts, read 4,571,105 times
That must have felt vindicating when he spit that pill out and made her work for it. When you say "she" do you mean the vet? Do you feel better about her and this practice? I hope he'll be OK since you said he ate and drank a little, which is a really good sign. Maybe when he finally gets home and feels better, he'll warm up a little. He doesn't know how lucky he is to have so much care.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:00 PM

Yes, I meant a female vet, I do feel more confident in this vets, we are still waiting on the phone call regarding the ultrasound, I hope it will be ok. The other thing she mentioned it could be, is the flea drops can be toxic, we got them otc, not at the vets, last time for that.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:04 PM

I am so upset/mad at vets-img_20171003pawsvets.jpg

Old 10-03-2017, 05:09 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,924,200 times
Poor baby...

feel better soon, little one. You too, evening sun

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats