Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 11:41 AM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I know who owns the cat.
I would trap the cat and say it's a stray.
Animal control WILL NOT help me.
I have a fence topper (purrfectfence.com) already but the cat is trying to jump that into my yard.
I will NOT keep my cats inside my house due to some ahole cat. I bought a house and spent thousands on the fence topper to allow them to be in my backyard safely.
I would take a look at electric or high pressure water guns. A blast of cold water could discourage the invader. OR you could talk to an attorney if you have money to spend. Most folks are not thrilled with the threat of legal action.

Sounds like the owner is negligent, or perhaps a bit mean or sadistic in that his cat is tougher than the other cats in the hood. Perhaps that feeds his ego. I've known people like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 12:08 PM

24,475 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I do understand as I had an similar problem several years ago. I got one of those pump up squirt guns that put out a 20 foot stream. I just kept it by me when outside. I am a former cat owner and overall they are extremely stupid animals. It did take multiple times of me spraying the 2 I had problems with. About 2 to 3 times a year I would soak them down and then they would avoid my yard for several months. Then I would have to spray them again. One cat owner moved and the other decided to keep their cat in the house after they figured out why their cat was in extremely serious pain from being soaked in hot pepper oil every few months.

You seem to be fishing for an answer you want to hear. What is that answer?
Animal abuse is something to brag about?

Old 04-10-2024, 12:59 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
While I feel for the OP's situation, I am horrified by the cruel and sadistic suggestions he/she has received. A catio would keep the cat safe in its own backyard and the offending cat prevented from harming it.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
While I feel for the OP's situation, I am horrified by the cruel and sadistic suggestions he/she has received. A catio would keep the cat safe in its own backyard and the offending cat prevented from harming it.
Couldn't agree more.

I don't see how it's even possible that you know where the offending cat is coming from since it lives "blocks and blocks away," and if you've indeed "spent thousands" on fence-toppers, you were ripped off. I like you in other conversations, OP, but your cat threads never really add up.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:56 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
It's not the roaming cat's fault. It's only doing what cats do. Obviously you don't want to trap your own cats. Can you set up where your cats can't get in it? I once trapped nine feral cats and had them all spayed and neutered, then I released them back to my barn. I was surprised at how willing the cats were to go in the cages for food. Good luck with your endeavors. Hopefully if the shelter takes it the neighbors won't just replace it with another aggressive cat.
I would encourage the OP to try to avoid harming this cat, if at all possible.

As for shooting it, with a pellet gun, firearm, or crossbow - just no, okay?

If the cat is well fed at home, probably it won't go into a trap for food. Barn cats tend to stay hungry so they will go in the trap.

Old 04-10-2024, 03:03 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
This thread made me think of a similar situation. There was an unaltered male cat that would jump/climb on our porch roof and taunt my spayed female through the bathroom window--drove my cat nuts! They both would hiss and yowl at one another.

Once, when I was lying in the backyard, catching some tanning rays, the Tom cat came strolling through the yard. I grabbed the nearby garden hose and gave him a soaking.

A week or so later I was again lying out on a towel and felt something--wet...that damn Tom cat had snuck up on me and sprayed me...

I couldn't help but laugh--the look he gave me was so purely -- evil.

Turnabout is fair play, I figured. Even-steven.

Last edited by LittleDolphin; 04-10-2024 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-10-2024, 04:48 PM

103 posts, read 38,159 times
Just like people, some animals are simply bad.

OP, you know what you have to do, just do it.

Old 04-10-2024, 04:58 PM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times
Live and let live.

If you need more protection, beef up your fence - put large cactus along the fence or plant dense, obstructive plants.

You can't control other people or animals (nor should you try).

There are no laws prohibiting cats from roaming because that is their nature and they should be allowed to do their thing.

Old 04-10-2024, 05:07 PM

24,475 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
Just like people, some animals are simply bad.

OP, you know what you have to do, just do it.
Some people are simply bad. Just do it!

Old 04-10-2024, 06:47 PM

5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
For what? I doubt they will shoot ot do anything about the worthless cat harassing his cat.
The OP has already made statements about turning the animal in to a shelter as a “stray” even though the OP knows it is owned by a neighbor so that the shelter will euthanize it, all of which is illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats