Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,943,381 times

Advertisements

We haul out our steam cleaner for the messes. It's best if they're "fresh", but most will come up with a bit of scrubbing.

I want to get one of those "Spot Bots" I see advertised that are compact and do the scrubbing for you. Right after the Pet Hair Eraser vacuum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,863,089 times
Resolve took blood out of my mom's thick carpet when dad fell and had a nose bleed. It would probably work with the cats too.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:34 PM

113 posts, read 654,712 times
chuckle..., chuckle..., etc. Thanks Ohiogirl81..., ! With all the cats I have, which I dearly love and keep indoors, I am all to familiar with the odors you've experienced! Best wishes from my fourteen cats and I...,,,^.^,,,...

Where I live, I feel it is best for my cats if they stay indoors. Several of my neighbors don't care for them. I don't like to let them outside unless I can watch them all the time and with multiple cats, I can't watch all of them at the same time. They like to play games on me and disappear when I want them to come back. I guess, its like ending the recess period in grade school, when its time to return to school to learn the three R's.

Most of my cats were feral and they quickly revert to their feralness when they're outside any length of time. If I let them outside, sometimes it takes me a couple of days for them to return. Also, I have raccoons and fox near where I live and they like to eat cats. Some have never been outside of my home and their father is still feral, I haven't let him outside in over a year. When he came to me, he had a broken right front leg, after he suffered a bite from a raccoon. I tricked him to get him inside, so his leg could heal more easily than if he was on his own. His name is Oreo and he's all black.., short hair.

I also tricked a beautiful off white female cat to come in about the same time as I got Oreo. Oreo was a little stinker and mated with her. I turned her over to Animal Control several months ago, but; I still have their off spring..., black and white kittens.

Even so, it is a job just cleaning up after they mark their territory or don't use their potty boxes. Any suggestions?

Thanks Arel..., I loved your post! Shows a lot of thought. I think you just may be a really neat house keeper too. I wish we knew each other better. I'd sure like to be your friend, forever.

Last edited by in_the_gloaming; 08-21-2008 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: adtl info.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:27 PM

40 posts, read 160,488 times
I use hot water, shop vac and paper towel/towel. First pick up what ever is there then vacuum it with the vac then pour hot water on it and use vac again...repeat pouring water and vac until stain is gone...

Old 08-22-2008, 04:29 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,613,333 times
Spot Shot has worked best for us. Even took ink from a broken pen out of the carpet!

Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,430,742 times
I second the Spot Shot! It comes in a spray dry clean type solution and recently, at least here, they started selling it in a spray bottle. Works wonders!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:04 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
Bissel little green Machine

You will be kicking yourself for not getting it sooner.
They have a pet stain formula with "resolve"

The heat action really gets it out.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,310 times
What about the landlord who uses a blacklight? Am having to pay for all new carpet because their blacklight lights up on vomit & cleaning products and they're saying it's urine even though there's no odor. What can I use to clean 18 yr-old kitty's vomit that won't show on blacklight?

Old 09-04-2010, 01:58 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,700,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Bissel little green Machine

You will be kicking yourself for not getting it sooner.
They have a pet stain formula with "resolve"

The heat action really gets it out.
That was exactly what I was going to suggest That machine is a wonder and a must have for pet-owners, as is a ShopVac. However, the best product I have used for carpet stains is Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover, which is sold at HomeDepot.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:48 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,487,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95butterflies View Post
Does anyone have a tried and true method for cleaning up cat vomit? I usually use OxyClean/water mixture that works fine, but we moved into an apartment with berber shag carpet and the Oxy doesn't seem to be working.

One new plastic wastebasket liner, paper towels, bucket with hot water and a little Dawn and clean rag, Resolve, vinyl gloves.

Put on vinyl gloves, scoop up everything you can in paper towels. Put paper towels in bag. Ring out the rag in the hot water and blot. Rinse rag in hot water. Repeat. Spray on Resolve. Blot. Repeat. Remove vinyl gloves and drop them and rag in bag. Toss bag. rinse bucket. You're done.

Had a cat on chemo for a year. Did the above 200 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats