Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times

Advertisements

I wrote an earlier post seeking advice from anyone who'd had a cat with Bartonella and this is something you should definitely have checked out. My little one started off exactly the same way with a brownish very small spot which suddenly turned bright blue and started expanding. Two courses of azythromycin along with eye ointment and the spot is back to where it started, very small, but she'll be back in to be tested again. Good luck and let us know what happens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 AM

4 posts, read 95,483 times
Sorry I forgot to reply. I went to the ophthalmologist that my vet recommended on 28 OCT 08.
The vet fully examined the spots and concluded that he was unsure what they were. He noted that it is unlikely to be due to diet or weight issues, as our cat is fit and even cats that grow upwards of 20+ pounds do not typically exhibit fatty deposits like dogs commoly can. Still, it may be worth a blood test to screen the cat for cholesterol / thyroid issues, etc.

He recommended taking a sketch on graph paper of the spots so that they can be effectively compared later for growth or increasing amounts.
We are schedule to see him for a follow up visit in 3 months.

Please reply if you find anything out. We are very concerned about our cat and she has identical looking spots.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,867 times
I think you should at least call your vet about it.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 AM

531 posts, read 499,795 times
could be from getting clawed in the eye from another cat....."cat fight" as they tend to go for each other's eyes.....I had a cat that had an eye injury due to a fight and you could see the spot....This may be the same thing if your cat occassionally goes outside..........

Old 12-11-2008, 07:18 AM

We are going back in tommorrow to have a blood test.
-Cholesterol numbers
-Triglyceride numbers
This should tell up if the spots are fat or metabolism based. I'll post the results later. Send me a message if I forget. Thanks.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 15,157 times
My cat has just got a spot on his eye. Its kinda grey. He is two and I also live in Florida?

Old 08-11-2009, 03:17 PM

We have the blood test results back and there is nothing wrong with the cat, except for the spots of course.
The eye doctor still does not know what is wrong and has not seen this before.
The doctor recommends not going further with testing (scrape the eye to collect sample and then analyze) and I think this is the right choice. The spots are not giving the cat any problems and they are not growing much.

We drew a sketch/map of the spots and monitor them by comparing her eves to the sketch every 3 months, and they really have not gotten much worse over the last year since we noticed them.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
It's interesting that the vet has not seen spots like that before since it seems just from the few posts here, that it is not all that uncommon.
My cat is not bothered by his spot at all and it has not changed in any way.
He and one of his brothers got his annual shots this weekend and THAT knocked them out for almost 2 whole days! Poor babies. I still have 2 more to go this month but I only have 2 carriers....so 2 at a time!

Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 10,212 times
Default me too

My cat has the same clear but perfectly round spot on her eye. I assume its in her line of vision, but she isn't running into walls or anything. She is a strictly indoor cat and I have her sister who has no affliction of the eye. Curious.........what the hell is it?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:45 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,848,894 times
Anything 'new' in the eye can be a symptom of any number of things. Some are more benign, such as a scar left after a scratch or abrasion. Some are less so, such as an early sign of cancer. It definitely calls for a vet visit.

JJ has similar spots, which in his case were signs of early corneal adhesion. He could develop ulcers on the cornea, and his body would respond by forming a 'band-aid' of skin to cover the area. He would eventually have bands of tissue covering portions of the eye.

Our cat Heather had a small spot on one eye. Eventually the pupil on that eye blew and became dilated. In her case, it turned out to be brain cancer.

The eyes can reveal much about health, and changes to them should never be dismissed. It might turn out to be nothing, but much better safe than sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats