Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 PM

117 posts, read 334,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
typical response I expected.......so not surprised!!! Disappointed though that certain pet owners feel no responsibility and use excuses for their neglect.
Yea life is too short to worry about some things. It's not gonna shorten my life that much though to be annoyed but roaming cats shorten the lives of innocent birds and might shorten their own lives if non-animal lovers get fed up with cat s**t in their yard, cat paw prints on their cars,etc..........
whatever! I'll call animal control. End of story.
Welp, I don't let my cat outside, at all. I don't think she understands the concept of "outside." I guess I can see your point of view; sounds like you're worried about the cats' health and safety. And yes, I get annoyed and upset when I see dogs and cats roaming around without any supervision. I don't approve of that at all.

But you do sound angry. I guess that's the part I don't get.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:14 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,160,787 times
I assure you all this will be my last post on this thread

Moderator cut: insulting remarks toward other posters

my husband is 100% disabled, has some good days where he can get up out and about; has very bad days where he can't. He's a birder and quite knowledgeable about birds and is an amateur photographer. He purposely set the feeders in the back yard in order to view and photograph the birds. Not much to ask for an Air Force veteran and a man who put in 25 years after that with one employer before coming down with his illness. NOW I think he has every right to sit on his deck with his camera and take his bird pics---which he canNOT do all the time thanks to the cats. I can't be running down to the first floor and out the door to the backyard all day long to chase away the cats. Nor can I leave my dog out to do so because she would chase the birds away too. Difference with my dog is I keep her inside when he's feeling well enough to bird watch. Plus she doesn't try to kill them but they fly away when she's running about.
Hope that clears up your questions.
My confusion is over uncaring,neglegent pet owners who don't give a damn about their pet nor their neighbors property and rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellogurl23 View Post
Welp, I don't let my cat outside, at all. I don't think she understands the concept of "outside." I guess I can see your point of view; sounds like you're worried about the cats' health and safety. And yes, I get annoyed and upset when I see dogs and cats roaming around without any supervision. I don't approve of that at all.

But you do sound angry. I guess that's the part I don't get.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-16-2009 at 04:01 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 01:29 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,932,418 times
Moderator cut: offending post was removed

No one's insulted you. Possibly told you there's no need to consdier this to be WW3 in your neighborhood; take a breath and calm down, yes. But outright insulted you (which would involve name calling, etc.)?... NO!

My husband's disabled too... fell off the top of a 5 story building and broke every bone in his body... the man should be dead considering over 50% of the people that fall 20 feet die... and he fell 65+ft. His list of injuries and disabilities is something no one would want.

But the last thing I'd ever think of doing for him is sport a nasty attitude about trivial things.

Good luck with the neighbors.

If you approach them with the same attitude you've chosen to talk to us in this thread with... you're gonna need all the luck you can get. Battle away!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-16-2009 at 03:52 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 01:55 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,583,573 times
Ya catch more bees with honey! Have you even tried talking to your neighbors and explaining that one of your husband's only remaining joys is to be able to watch birds & take pictures, and that their cats are ruining it for him, which is unfair? They may not be unwilling to come to some sort of compromise...but if you go storming over there or call animal control on them without at least attempting to solve the problem peacefully and quietly first, you can kiss that chance good-bye. You will have made an enemy of your neighbors, which is always bad news. If their attitude stinks, by all means, call animal control if this issue is as important to you as it appears to be...BTW I fully agree cats should stay indoors, for their own health as well as the safety of the birds I also love to feed...luckily the hummingbirds around here can outrace any of the ferals that invade my yard!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:23 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,583,573 times
Just sayin'.[/quote]
Dang! I guess she doesn't like the idea of free fertilizer...!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-16-2009 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 04:23 AM

290 posts, read 637,156 times
Quote:
I assure you all this will be my last post .
I'll fill you all in on this: my husband is 100% disabled, has some good days where he can get up out and about; has very bad days where he can't. He's a birder and quite knowledgeable about birds and is an amateur photographer. He purposely set the feeders in the back yard in order to view and photograph the birds. Not much to ask for an Air Force veteran and a man who put in 25 years after that with one employer before coming down with his illness. NOW I think he has every right to sit on his deck with his camera and take his bird pics---which he canNOT do all the time thanks to the cats. I can't be running down to the first floor and out the door to the backyard all day long to chase away the cats. Nor can I leave my dog out to do so because she would chase the birds away too. Difference with my dog is I keep her inside when he's feeling well enough to bird watch. Plus she doesn't try to kill them but they fly away when she's running about.
Hope that clears up your questions.
My confusion is over uncaring,neglegent pet owners who don't give a damn about their pet nor their neighbors property and rights.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u16/gregg1971/non-animated%20gifs/chillpill.gif (broken link) That's my http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u16/gregg1971/non-animated%20gifs/twocents.gif (broken link).

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-16-2009 at 04:00 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 06:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
DreamWeavin, if you do come back, I suggest you turn off the bold font, and possibly the italic. Bold font signals extra emphasis on words (so does italic, but bold moreso) and I think your words look like you are SAYING THEM LIKE THIS. You might not have meant to, but that's how your original post read, and your subsequent defensive tone made you look overly aggressive, even kind of hostile.

Turn off your bold and italic font and write like this.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:42 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
If that had not worked I had planned to take those cats to distant Animal Shelters.
You were going to steal someone's pet? That's despicable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Ironically enough, the rose bush that whomever's cat goes to the bathroom on in my yard, is the biggest rose bush of them all. Free fertilizer I guess.
The summer our cats were dumped in our alley, before we were able to adopt them and bring them inside, they lived in my tomato patch. I had the biggest tomatoes in the neighborhood, and no problem with squirrels or rabbits.

Quote:
NOW I think he has every right to sit on his deck with his camera and take his bird pics
Of course he does. But if your town does not have an ordinance specifying that cats must be contained, similar to how dogs must be contained, then the cats' owners have every right to allow them to roam the neighborhood.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:42 AM

1,477 posts, read 7,908,604 times
the OP's question was asked and answered. Thread closed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats