Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 AM

283 posts, read 760,073 times

Advertisements

aww i love the zooming! its funny to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 07:42 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
aww i love the zooming! its funny to watch.
It is funny, even in the middle of the night!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 AM

698 posts, read 2,842,131 times
Our youngest kit walks and talks atop our bed many times a night. She starts out cuddled into my arms and slips out when she gets too hot.
But I don't love when she walks on me. I sleep on my side and she will perch herself atop my hip bone and just stand there digging holes in my side.
She also loves to brush my hair, standing on my pillow and using her paw like a hairbrush! What a way to be woken up.
She sleeps all day too. I thought she was hungry so I started leaving a bowl of her wet food out but it didn't stop her nocturnal walking/talking. I have read that the answer is to play with them before bed and wear them out. The problem here is that by evening our 3- and 5-year old have worn *us* out too much to play with the cats, so this advice, although good, isn't practical.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,117,384 times
Yeah that is kneading and has something to do with showing affection. Mine does that all the time too. I just either push him away or push him into a spot to lay down and give pets/attention until he relaxes.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:01 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
LOL Woofers!

Mickey does that each and every night when I go to bed. It does not seem to matter how much playtime she gets in the evening or how much sleep she gets during the day. Just part of her nightly routine.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 PM

283 posts, read 760,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
It is funny, even in the middle of the night!
but its better than peeing on bed :P

Old 01-27-2009, 09:19 AM

635 posts, read 1,686,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
It's one o'clock in the morning and Einstein is zooming all over the room, the bed, whatever. He is bouncing off things and driving me crazy.

Last night he would not let me sleep either because, I'm not sure why, but I think he was upset about his food.
OMG - I so wish I could pull this stunt!!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:36 PM

124 posts, read 309,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
lol...ok...I shouldn't laugh, but it's funny....my 3 cats zoom too, but I guess I'm use to it. ALSO I don't let them in my bedroom at night anymore. One of them insisted on sleeping on my head and batting at my eyes, and that was the last straw. between them crushing themselves between myself and my dh, wrapping themselves around my neck, and the head thing, I finally said there were too many children in the bed and it was time for them to leave the nest....lol

complained for a day or two, now they are free to sleep anywhere but my room!
haha. my cats would so not stand for that. at least one of my cats is a velcro kitty, she follows me everywhere and wants to be in my lap EVERYSINGLESECONDOFTHEDAYOMG.

i remember when i got my first kitten though, and he had the night crazies, too. although once we got him fixed he got better about it, but then he started the habit of chewing on my knees when i was sleeping. and now that my boyfriend and i moved in together and he could get his cat from his parent's house, his cat occasionally has night crazies too. Doesn't bother me though, I usually have a TV show or movie on repeat all night. The only noise I can't sleep through is something repetitive, it drives me crazy.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:53 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuda View Post
haha. my cats would so not stand for that. at least one of my cats is a velcro kitty, she follows me everywhere and wants to be in my lap EVERYSINGLESECONDOFTHEDAYOMG.
One my kitties does that too, very annoying until she gets in my lap and looks at me as though I am the most important person in her universe. How can I say no to something I agree with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats