Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:29 PM

132 posts, read 224,137 times

Advertisements

I dont know if im the only one who does this or not but does any one eles have a cat that eats dinner with them? lol My cat raygen eats dinner with us every night. She jumps in the end chair and sits with her head sticking up above the table and waits for food and we give her steak, hamburger , anything but most of all her fav is chicken! Does this sound gross or weird? She never gets up on the table she knows better then that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 01:33 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
It sounds cute!

Old 07-23-2009, 01:34 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypbmxgurl View Post
I dont know if im the only one who does this or not but does any one eles have a cat that eats dinner with them? lol My cat raygen eats dinner with us every night. She jumps in the end chair and sits with her head sticking up above the table and waits for food and we give her steak, hamburger , anything but most of all her fav is chicken! Does this sound gross or weird? She never gets up on the table she knows better then that!
You're not alone. Ours does this too. But she'll get up on the table and sit right next to you staring at your plate, watching your fork. We do give her a bit of chicken or steak but only plain meat, no added sauce or anything. And we make sure its lukewarm and not hot. Sometimes she'll eat her cat food with us at the table. Its cute.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
You're not alone. Ours does this too. But she'll get up on the table and sit right next to you staring at your plate, watching your fork. We do give her a bit of chicken or steak but only plain meat, no added sauce or anything. And we make sure its lukewarm and not hot. Sometimes she'll eat her cat food with us at the table. Its cute.
Lol that is cute and yeah we never give her any sauce or anything. It's always plain meat and never hot! Cats are so funny sometimes! If she happens to be on our screen pourch and she sees us sit down she starts meowing wanting in and goes straight to her spot its pretty funny! I'm just glad im not the only one!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:23 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,587,058 times
Oh, you're not alone on this one! My mom's cat Ollie always sits at the table with us when we have coffee or a bite to eat! He gets a little bit of plain meat too, or sometimes his canned cat food...but he's happy as long as he's being included at the table no matter what he's offered, especially because the dog is on the ground and therefore "beneath" him...lol!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Oh, you're not alone on this one! My mom's cat Ollie always sits at the table with us when we have coffee or a bite to eat! He gets a little bit of plain meat too, or sometimes his canned cat food...but he's happy as long as he's being included at the table no matter what he's offered, especially because the dog is on the ground and therefore "beneath" him...lol!!!

Lol thats awsome with the whole dog being beneath him!!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times
We once had a cat that sat on the same chair with our young son every meal. It was really cute but Kitty was confused as son grew bigger and took up more and more room on the chair. Solution? Kitty sat in his lap. Today son is 28 and says he misses having a cat in his lap at mealtime.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:16 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,698,162 times
Um, where's the picture? Because I soooooo want to see this!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:38 AM

Default Raygen at dinner.

Not to sure on how to add pictures but i think this works.. Here's a couple of pictures of her at dinner.. and also a picture from her birthday eatting her cupcake with cat treats on top.
Attached Thumbnails
Cat at dinner.-l_dade01be14704de0b4256bdb8564c1e3.jpg   Cat at dinner.-l_d2c116a8e7914141ad3134f390c44c55.jpg   Cat at dinner.-l_c62b6c887b6746edb2e53a12353b2ebd.jpg  

Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,838,011 times
Hahahaha, that's classic!
Dunno about loading up a cat with "people food," though. Their nutritional needs and digestive systems are way different than ours. And sharing anything alcoholic with them's a definite no-no.
No one's accused a cat owner of being completely sane (who owns whom, anyway?) One symptom of my being "tetched" is that I throw a big birthday party cookout for "Weasie" every August. Even as they roll their eyes and snicker, people buy into the concept big time. They show up with wrapped presents, and with greeting cards - for a cat, mind you. Anyway, as the festivities for last year's 16th-birthday shindig were getting underway one of the guests suddenly grabbed the covered dish (of people food) that she'd brought and ran for the house. "Weasie's trying to get into this! Hide it in the kitchen!" 'twasn't so. The guest of honor was walking and sniffing around the gift and food table, sure enough, but several other folks provided the answer as to why. Each of them had delivered gifts containing catnip, which Weeze was picking up the scent of through the wrapped packages.
All of which is to say, I think cats aren't so much about consuming what their owners (servants) do as they're about being part of the occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats