Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:39 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,427,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
It doesn't smell mildewy. It's smells almost metallic, acrid. Anyway, looks like I'll just have to stick with the running tap or try one of the Catit models.
Hopefully Katrina can ans. whether it is normal or not. It is she who has that model. I never had the problem with the other Drinkwell models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 AM

672 posts, read 5,094,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Hopefully Katrina can ans. whether it is normal or not. It is she who has that model. I never had the problem with the other Drinkwell models.
I will have to repeat trhe question "What smell?" I don't smell anything and my cat loved it from day one. There must be something wrong with the one you've purchased. Could it perhaps be the filter?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 PM

914 posts, read 4,445,800 times
Has anyone had both the Drinkwell 360 and the Platinum models? I am trying to decide between the two.

Originally my cat had the normal Drinkwell, which she liked but I thought was a bit of a hassle to clean. When we moved to a smaller apartment, her fountain had gotten a little old, so I decided to try a different one. I bought a little Foster & Smith fountain because it was small and looked convenient to clean. It was great for about a month and a half, but now it is having motor problems and leaks everywhere. I'll try to fix it, and it will work for about 12 hours, then go back to not working properly.

So . . . back to drinkwell. I really don't care that they are a little larger. I just want one that works again! So . . . 360 or Platinum?

Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 PM

672 posts, read 5,094,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
Has anyone had both the Drinkwell 360 and the Platinum models? I am trying to decide between the two.

Originally my cat had the normal Drinkwell, which she liked but I thought was a bit of a hassle to clean. When we moved to a smaller apartment, her fountain had gotten a little old, so I decided to try a different one. I bought a little Foster & Smith fountain because it was small and looked convenient to clean. It was great for about a month and a half, but now it is having motor problems and leaks everywhere. I'll try to fix it, and it will work for about 12 hours, then go back to not working properly.

So . . . back to drinkwell. I really don't care that they are a little larger. I just want one that works again! So . . . 360 or Platinum?
I'd say 360, because they are large and the kitties get to splash around in there (if you're lucky, maybe your cat is not the kind that likes to make everything a mess. Mine makes a mess out of simple water bowls).
Also drink of it like a faucet as the water runs down just like a real fountain. I don't find it hard to clean either and when you need to fill it with water, you simple pour it straight into the fountain. No need to open anything.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,427,070 times
I guess, it would depend what you are looking for. More than one animal can drink from the 360 at a time. You refill it by just pouring water into the basin. The Platnium has a larger holding capacity with a resevoir to refill. Like I mentioned before, it is much easier to clean than the "Original". Both encourage the cat to drink with the running water stream. You probably can't go wrong either way....I've had outstanding luck with the Platnium and that is why I stayed with it and bought duplicates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats