Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:24 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,869 times

Advertisements

OMG!! We love this kitten..she is so cute, but she is so very very bad. She is into everything. Never stops playing and biting. We have an older cat that was never like this as a kitten. The kitten gets stuck in closets, the dryer..she is worse than a 2 year old. She is about 6 months old. My question..will she settle down? Is this normal behavior for a siamese?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
She will settle down, I have a Siamese Mix (check out my album for Henry) who is a real pistol. It takes them some time.
We also found our very laid back kitty in the dryer, he loved the warmth. I always make sure the door is kept closed just in case he should find his way in there again.
Your going to have to baby kitty proof for a little while. Don't play with her in a way that encourages her to bite, when I have a kitty that likes to bite, I pretend cry everytime they bite and eventually they get the clue they are hurting you.

Add some pictures of your kitty, I would love to see your Meiser.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:37 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,040,178 times
We have a 4 month old kitten who is the same way! He's not siamese though. I have to keep a close eye on Samson too. By the end of the day I am so tired. This is the first kitten I've gotten who was fostered with a family and I don't know if that's why he's so fearless. The foster family had other cats, dogs, and children. They did a great job socializing him. I've had cats my whole life and have never had one so playful before. I think they'll both settle down as they get older. All I can say is hang on and enjoy the ride! They grow up so fast.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:00 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,050,540 times
check out the Meet Iggy thread....it'll put your kitties in a much better light. lol
and btw, even Iggy the Terrible is finally SOMEWHAT begining to settle down......on occasion.....when he feels like it.....mostly.
Good luck!
And yeah, PICS PLEASE!!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 12:57 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,328,604 times
I have a siamese mix that took over a year to settle down. He's still a trouble maker to this day. he likes to trip over trash cans, rat in sink at 2 AM, get into the bread.....

You'll have to kitten proof your house as best as you can. But they can find away around it sometimes. Try as hard as I did with this one, no kitten proofing worked. He just moved on to something else.

Siamese care very curious and like to find out.

Best of luck with your kitty!

Old 08-16-2009, 01:03 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,941 times
These are very smart cats (I had one that could open closed doors turing the handle). Give them challenges and places to explore otherwise they will find their own. BTW, take everything off a mantel you don't want on the floor - we had one that, as a kitten, liked to watch things fall. Yes, it will calm down.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:15 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
These are very smart cats (I had one that could open closed doors turing the handle). Give them challenges and places to explore otherwise they will find their own. BTW, take everything off a mantel you don't want on the floor - we had one that, as a kitten, liked to watch things fall. Yes, it will calm down.
I used to take a hot glue gun and glue things to the mantel in my home in Texas. It worked like a charm.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:00 PM

672 posts, read 5,095,003 times
Don't ever let her bite you, once they develop this habit, it's difficult to get rid of . Use toys when you play with her. If she attempts to bite, you walk away and ignore her. Cats hate being ignored. It's the similar method their mum does to teach them right from wrong. She hisses at them and ignores them.
I've had a similar problem when it comes to biting. With patience it will work

The stuck in different places, I can't help you with

Old 08-16-2009, 06:28 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,869 times
Thanks for the advice....she is so bad. KatrineA..I am working on the biting. I would not let her stay in bed with me last nite because of the biting. She did not like that. She finally settled down. I never had to kitten proof my house with my older kitty. My older cat thought it was beneath her to play with toys. She was always happy just looking out a window. Played only a little bit. My older cat will not tolerate her. The kitten just does not care when the bigger cat goes after her. I will send pictures. I will keep you all posted on her behavior!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:32 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,577,169 times
I have a Siamese, she does bite. We let her get away with it since she was a kitten...now it is like a little game. Thankfully she does not bite hard.

As far as behavior, she has always been pretty well behaved... she used to meow and carry on a lot until we got her fixed. That cut out a lot of the noise.

One year she did REALLY have it "in" for my Christmas Village, I guess it was bad behavior, but it was almost funny. I kept setting it up, and she kept wrecking it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats