Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 02:48 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times

Advertisements

I gave away a kitten on craigslist for free. I put up an ad with "Free Kitten" in the subject and got about 50-70 responses in 1 day. I screened people, and made people become facebook friends with me so I could check them out. Ended up giving it to a nice single mom who works for NASCAR. I get to watch the kitty grow up on her facebook page! You can give them away, just do a little screening first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 01:02 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I gave away a kitten on craigslist for free. I put up an ad with "Free Kitten" in the subject and got about 50-70 responses in 1 day. I screened people, and made people become facebook friends with me so I could check them out. Ended up giving it to a nice single mom who works for NASCAR. I get to watch the kitty grow up on her facebook page! You can give them away, just do a little screening first.
I got my younger dog from a lady on Craigslist. I have a feeling she didn't tell me everything or perhaps didn't notice but my poor girl had to have been treated roughly. On the other hand she waited two months while I FINALLY got a fenced area so I can't say she wasn't caring to some extent.

Four of the kittens are very tame and curious. I let them explore the rest of the house and they rushed up to greet the dog who was delighted to have someone to play with. My old dog does not seem to be doing well, so who knows how long? My friend warned me that unless I want to let them roam I may end up with a bunch of kittens.

The four who are tame I would never just give to anyone. They have such specific personalities and a couple of them will stay in any case. I'm working on the other two, but since they run and hide its kind of a moot point. I figure if they are okay with being inside and with dogs its all a good plus for them too.

But today Cleo, my old dog, had to be awakened for dinner. She ate a little, went outside and then ate most of the rest then wandered around distressed at something, whining... Its like the mental problems my last old dog had, but a lot milder but it made me very sad. Right now having this sweet little kitten I call Patches streched out on my lap half alseep, no issues and life ahead of her, makes me feel a little bit better.

I can afford food for a multitude but all the vet stuff is problematic. I think all of them are female. But if I can't find a home for them I will make sure they are okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats