Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,493,450 times

Advertisements

Compare the "food" you are currently feeding your cats to Blue Buffalo...

Blue Buffalo - Compare Cat Food with our Cat Food Comparison Test

If readers click the link....
The point here is not so much to push Blue Buffalo, but to allow people to compare the ingredients in a HEALTHY food compared to say...Science Diet.

Since cats don't have a strong thirst drive, I do like that I can add a little warm water to the BB dry. An all HEALTHY canned food diet was getting very expensive.

Last edited by Lola4; 09-30-2009 at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
spots stew... turkey formula for sensitive tummys .... by halo .... seems to be working well for my two.......

i tried blue buffalo's spa select and they both ABSOLUTELY refused it..... they would sit next to their just-filled bowls and just cry...... ended up donating it to a rescue group..... cha-ching.... that was expensive.......

Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,588 times
I feed my cats Royal Canin for dry. They didn't like Blue Buffalo.

And the diabetic cat gets his RC and a mix of grilled chicken and turkey and Fancy Feast (the only canned he'll eat.)

The other two like turkey, but only one will really eat grilled chicken.

However, if anybody in the house has some BBQ all bets are off!

Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Same story here....my guys downright refused BB....
I try different things and always end going back to Wellness Core.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:25 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Mine gets BB canned food, but I haven't tried him on the dry yet. I'm going to get a small bag and try it see if he likes it. But at least if he doesn't like it, the two outdoor cats will eat it. They sit on my side porch and stare at the door until I open it and put their food out, so I'm sure they'd make short work of it.

Right now mine is eating dry Felidae, so if he doesn't like the BB dry, I'll just go back to that.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Heck, mine have to eat what canned food they're given (Friskies, Fancy Feast, 9 Lives, whatever) and if they get picky then they go without but there's always plenty of dry kibble to munch on. But, every Friday when my restaurant special is fish and chips, they get fresh steamed mahi-mahi and there is NEVER a complaint from any of them. After feeding time at 4PM on Friday, the back yard is littered with half a dozen overstuffed bellies attached to fur lounging all over the place.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,493,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Heck, mine have to eat what canned food they're given (Friskies, Fancy Feast, 9 Lives, whatever) and if they get picky then they go without
WOW!

In my stinky opinon...
I took on the responsibility of raising furkids, therefore I feel it is my responsibility to take care of them to the best of my knowledge and ability.

I didn't feed my human kids MickyD's or TV dinners every day... I wouldn't feed my furkids junk either.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,455 times
Mine have been eating B.G. dry for a couple of months along with wet Fancy Feast( the approved flavors for diabetics). I think it's time to change the dry food, they don't seem to like it very much. I'm going to start adding in a little Wellness Core and see if they like that. They are getting tired of the wet FF too. Time to head back to the pet store and check out some new wet food. I had a cat that was diabetic(RIP Titi) and that was the number one reason I switched them to gluten free foods. I don't want any of them to suffer like that again.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Mine all eat Feline KD b/c of the kidney damage 2 of them had from the contaminated food. One finally died from it but the other is still here and doing good. For some reason, they drink a lot of water. I see all of them at the water bowl, several times a day, and I have to re-fill it (big dog bowl) every 2 or 3 days.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 AM

283 posts, read 892,756 times
I feed kitty EVO dry by Innova. It has the carb content of any dry food out there. It basically dried meat. I also feed her Wellness grain free wet twice a day. She does get some Temptation treats everyday too. She LOVES them. Can't get her to eat any healthy treats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats