Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:43 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,147,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Some cats just barf a lot. My senior cat is alternately known as the Unipuker.
You may have the Unipuker, but we have the original "accurate puker ." (makes it sound like a watch.......... )

Her latest "trick" is to eat breakfast and then heave it right back up, perfectly placed in the bowl she just ate it all from in the first place.

Well, cleaning up is easy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:17 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
And there's something to be said for easy clean-up. Mine has no set pattern, though fortunately it's not on the bed more than a couple times a year.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:58 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
I had a heck of a time figuring out how to feed my kitten when he first came to my house. Previous owners didn't allow him to ween long enough and put him on generic adult cat food (vet guessed at 3 weeks). He was pretty ravenous when he got to my home, and no baby fat considering his age. I got him at 2am, he announced I was his owner by mewling in my garden incessantly. I only had ham in the house to feed him. Minced up fine, he ate a portion as big as his head and wanted more. Less is more, because digestive upsets are something vets will warn you about.

My Kitkat has no tolerance for meowmix. Science diet kitten chow he ate occasionally, but purina kitten chow was only tolerated if I wet it as if it were gravy train. It didn't occur to me that his changes in appetite were about teething phases. Hindsight being 20/20, his cat chow was being vomitted up in whole pieces (he wasn't chewing, but trying to swallow whole). I was scrambling around trying everything, but making everything worse!

You didn't mention if there was excess hair in the vomit. The hairball remedy in my house is a cat treat he gets twice a week. I also tried kitty greens which did seem to help him (and the rest of my plants were attacked less as result lol). I also came to see that feeding him tiny portions spread throughout the day made his behavioral problems relax; he didn't fear starving anymore and didn't have to resort to extraordinary means to sing for his supper.

I remember my ex landlady's cat, much older and prone to allergies, would vomit often. Cuddles responded well when I'd use a drop of peppermint oil diluted with a carrier oil on her coat. She'd lick it off and it calmed her system down. I don't think they ever narrowed down all she was allergic to, but the peppermint helped reduce the frequency & helped her bounce back quicker from upsets. Plus she smelled pretty.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:33 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missladybug15 View Post
Hi, was wondering if you all can help me. I have a female cat who is 1 1/2 yrs old and a runt and for the past three months or so she has been regurgitating her food right after she eats. So far it is only once per day and there are times she goes two weeks without doing it at all. I've taken her to the vet and he basically told me as long as she doesnt do it everyday, several times a day it is normal. I've also changed her food, cut her portions down, gave her Petromalt in case it was a hairball. I tried the slow feeder bowl but she is scared of it and wont eat out of it. I dont know what else I can do. Help!

Hopefully she has been checked for thyroid disease. My cat was doing that too, and turns out she has hyperthyroidism. She is on medication now, and doing well. I still give her canned food with warm water, make a soup of it. Her kitty cookies for sensitive stomach cats. She does well with this so far. But do have to get the carpet cleaned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats