Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:54 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times

Advertisements

love the sleeping kitty pictures..... so cute!! and what a grin on cinders' face!!

with iggy's little arms over his head like that, i can see how someone might think he had passed on.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
It's the little orange back paw sticking up in the air that gets me.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:43 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
Ahhh!!! how adorable!!! LOL

Little Moo is fine by the way, we're about to go shopping for... something.
Now that summer is exploding all around us, their curiousity is not something I want to discourage - although it's worrysome when they hang out so close to the door looking out, mewing to want to go explore So I'm going out to look for...

Either a kitty popup mesh tent (that you can stake into the ground outside) like a little screened in playpen for them outdoors

or

A set of harnesses and leashes so they can go on walks outside with me (or at least roll around and explore while I have a deathgrip on the handles

or

A kitty stroller! (these are more expensive, I almost don't want to put the money down for them until I'm sure they aren't going to be completely miserable in them going for a walk)

Stay tuned We'll find out!

Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 PM

387 posts, read 2,131,451 times
All of your cats are adorable!!! Guinness sleeps on his back too.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:11 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times
I vote for the kitty pop up tent. But make sure all sides, including the screen, will be claw proof! Oh, how you would just collapse if your Moo ever went on another adventure! I don't think you could go through that ever again!

I was thinking for my own cats, of building a screened in "viewing porch", using screening that is used on big dog carriers. Would something like that be something you or fiance would be up to building? OR, if you have a picnic bench, you can purchase a big dog carrier, set that on the picnic bench, and carefully carry your cats from the house to the carriers. This works! I do that now!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:11 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,769,802 times
Thanks for the great pictures MK and MiTaylor! May I add one of Carly?

She never sleeps on her back; she's way too hyper-vigilant for that, but here's one showing one of her sweet little feet. Of Course, the flash woke her up and she squinted....but there ya go! I do the best I can.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:06 AM

Carly looks so soft and cuddly. What a cutie!

Old 05-04-2010, 03:03 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,769,802 times
Wink Sorry MK, I'm a little off-topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaylor View Post
Carly looks so soft and cuddly. What a cutie!
Thank you! She *is* very soft, but is not cuddly still, she wants what she wants, in her style and timing, and in fact she just jumped over my right shoulder to land in my lap!

When I was uploading the picture of her a couple of hours ago she was in my lap then and finally really focused on a picture of herself and went very still. She didn't move for about two minutes; just stared at the pic of herself which was very large on the screen. When "that cat" didn't move, Carly finally lost interest.

I don't think cats are able to have self-awareness, as in recognizing themselves in a mirror or picture. What do you think?

Old 05-04-2010, 06:42 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
Quote:
I don't think cats are able to have self-awareness, as in recognizing themselves in a mirror or picture. What do you think?
I think it depends on the intelligence, Macrina - lol.

Cinders sits in front of the mirror trilling, and bats her eyelashes at... herself.

Twix will repeatedly run circles around & head-butt the mirror and try to play with the black mini-panther on the other side (we still reserve the right to suspect she is mildly retarded, LOL but at least she keeps herself amused!)

Little Moo doesn't even seem to notice the mirror. But she loves looking at the other kitty pictures on my monitor when I browse the cat threads

And Delilah - no comment. I barely see her

And I love all the sleepy kitty pix!!! Ahhh!!! It's true contentment and trust right there.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 AM

[quote=Macrina;14034494)
I don't think cats are able to have self-awareness, as in recognizing themselves in a mirror or picture. What do you think?[/quote]

I don't think so. I do wonder what they're thinking when they stare at themselves in the mirror... I'll have to see what mine do with a mirror. Haven't tried it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats