Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,821,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
so you know who Oprah has willed her money to?

I'm watching the show now. I see why it is a big deal to Oprah, but I think she built it up to much. It is not incredibly shocking to me.
she told Piers Morgan ALL her money was going to some organization, including her school but no way in hell do I think she isn't including Gayle and Gayle's kids in that Will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 05:53 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,385,804 times
Watched the show. I was touched by the overall presentation of the story. But I think the real ah-ha moment, as O likes to say, and the core of the story is that for ONCE in her life O was not sold out for $$$.

The newly found sister sat on the story for years, did not go to the press, and voiced concern regarding O's well being, read - Media Circus if the story broke. So unlike O's other half sister (now deceased) who told and sold famiy secrets to the media - notably that O was pregnant at age 14, this new sister seems to honestly have O's well being in mind. O was teary eyed and so was I, well almost.

Another point of the story, the newly found half sister looks eerily like the deceased half sister. The deceased sister had a drug problem, which ultimately killed her. Several of the family members kept saying that the newly found sister was what the deceased sister WOULD have been if she were not on drugs.

I recommend a watching of the show, atleast the first 15 minutes. I thought it gave a good picture of a more softer, more "real" Oprah. Also watch for the story on how the sister discovered she was related to O - that alone will leave you open mouthed in wonder

I do believe that a sincere and new relationship will be forged between the new sister, O, and the rest of the family. $$$$ or not, but likely $$$$$+$$$$$!!! "We're happy for ya!"

Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,086,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
I must start by saying that while I don't agree with everything she espouses, I do admire Oprah. What on earth could the big secret possibly be? I will be watching on Monday.
Steadman is actually her brother!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 PM

10,040 posts, read 9,533,530 times
BREAKING NEWS

Oprah reveals she is Abe Vigoda and Betty White's love child.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,401,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
she told Piers Morgan ALL her money was going to some organization, including her school but no way in hell do I think she isn't including Gayle and Gayle's kids in that Will.
Most likely she's already set aside money for them so any money in her will just might go to charity.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,821,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Most likely she's already set aside money for them so any money in her will just might go to charity.
probably

Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 AM

570 posts, read 735,272 times
Oprah make a huge career out of other people's pain and scandals & at the end they get nothing and she gets everything .
This is disgusting

Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,927,967 times
LMAO--and this shook her to the core? THIS is her BIG,shocking news? Give me a f'ing break
O needs to get Over herself and get a grip.

I think the fact that it "shook her to her core" is because, as I understand it- this would be Oprah's only living sibling.According to the show yesterday-Vernita had 4 kids, Oprah, Pat (dead) Jeffery (dead) and this sister that was put up for adoption. I do think that would be quite a big deal.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:56 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,476,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
LMAO--and this shook her to the core? THIS is her BIG,shocking news? Give me a f'ing break
O needs to get Over herself and get a grip.

I think the fact that it "shook her to her core" is because, as I understand it- this would be Oprah's only living sibling.According to the show yesterday-Vernita had 4 kids, Oprah, Pat (dead) Jeffery (dead) and this sister that was put up for adoption. I do think that would be quite a big deal.
I believe my two brothers felt the same way when I showed up looking for my birth Mother. AND they knew about me from the beginning, the whole family did but for me to actually find them was a BIG DEAL for everyone involved.

Its sad how some people are so callous. People with money still have feelings.

As for not showing feelings in an interview with Piers Morgan...really? Do you know who he is, would you really show emotion for a feeding frenzy like that?? I am sure it hurt like h e l l, when that part of her life was exposed, until you have gone through what she did, you can't know and understand how she feels.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:33 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,302,646 times
The problem with celebrities is that they are such victims over every little thing. The same sort of things happen to the rest of us....but we have to drown it with cheap beer and still go to work the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities