Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 08:11 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times

Advertisements

I once saw Chris Robinson (The Black Crowes) at a Cardinals baseball game. He was sitting a row up from us, and a few people over. I kept glancing over at him...cause I knew who he sure looked like, to ME but I kept thinking "Why would Chris Robinson be at a ball game in July, in St. Louis? He caught me looking a few times. Finally, I convinced myself that it was indeed him.

During the 7th inning stretch, we happened to be heading toward the concession stand about the same time, so I said "Hello Mr. Robinson." He smiled and said "hi" back.

Long time later, I saw him on a talk show. Come to find out, he's a huge baseball fan, and he said he tries to go to a game in every baseball stadium in the country every year. I don't know if he'd never been to St. Louis in July before...but July is not the time of year to be wearing leather pants and and a flowy shirt. However, he DID look like a rock star. lol

Way way way back in the day, my brother was hitch hiking, and got picked up by the ZZ Top tour bus. He said they were all cool.

A few years ago, I was at Comicon St. Louis. Matt Smith, from Dr. Who was there. I was standing outside smoking a cigarette (along with a lot of other people) when he was getting ready to get in his limo. Someone yelled "Bye Matt!" He thought it was me, and he smiled and waved.

My best friend, and her husband, used to operate an online radio station. Their station mostly focused on electronica and dance/club music. One year, they went to some kind of radio station convention in Miami, FL.

They're both lounging by the pool, when this guy and Kelly Osbourne come walking toward them. They came up to my friends, and asked if they'd play Kelly's new music on my friends' station. My friends explained that they were already playing Kelly's music. Kelly thanked them, and chit chatted with them for a little bit. My friend said that Kelly was very sweet and friendly.

And last, but not least...I'm a huge Zydeco fan. I have been for years. I realize Zydeco is a pretty esoteric genre to most people I guess...but I love it. I'm friends with a couple of members of one zydeco band, and I've met another Zydeco musician...and I can say that all of them (that I've met) are some of the nicest sweetest people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 07:28 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

And last, but not least...I'm a huge Zydeco fan. I have been for years. I realize Zydeco is a pretty esoteric genre to most people I guess...but I love it. I'm friends with a couple of members of one zydeco band, and I've met another Zydeco musician...and I can say that all of them (that I've met) are some of the nicest sweetest people.

Man, you gotta think that anyone that's playing Zydeco has got to be friendly!

Old 01-29-2019, 09:09 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Man, you gotta think that anyone that's playing Zydeco has got to be friendly!

I would have to agree. Zydeco is the happiest music I can think of.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:21 AM

29 posts, read 16,811 times
All entertainment celebrities are awesome because they give chance to do happy

Old 02-11-2019, 01:56 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My summer home is in the same neighborhood as Paul’s, so I run into him every now and then. He is not really one to stop and chit chat, but he is always very pleasant.

I think when you have been an icon as long as he has, you learn how to navigate through public places quickly and still leave people with a good feeling about you.
He seems like a nice guy....either that or he is a very good actor.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:25 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,143,716 times
The majority of these you can almost tell by their public persona. Both good and bad.

I've met almost no celebrities. Basketball Hall of Famer and broadcaster Bill Walton did belong to my gym years back. Seemed exactly as friendly and outgoing as he is on the air.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:30 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
I met Joanne Woodward years ago. She was just as down to earth and relaxed as she could be.

Old 05-16-2019, 01:17 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times
At work I occasionally had contact with celebrities but there wasn't typically much personal interaction since we were both there to do our jobs & I'm sure they are constantly being bombarded for attention so we would leave them alone.

Working with Muhammed Ali a bit, twice in fact about 10 years apart, he obviously was a very nice guy with a sense of humor who tried to make sure I was noticed by him in a fun way even though he couldn't really speak either time. Another person who was just as charismatic & nice to work with was Willie Nelson. Both of these guys were special people.

Another person who was really fun & nice was Jeff Goldberg, he is exactly like he is on the talk shows - that isn't an act. He was funny & curious about people & asked us about ourselves when he really didn't have to come out & interact with the hoi polloi at all. The fact that he is also a really good jazz pianist on top of his acting talent & open & down to earth... but quirky personality makes him someone you would want to hang out with.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:56 PM

23,440 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Working with Muhammed Ali a bit, twice in fact about 10 years apart, he obviously was a very nice guy with a sense of humor who tried to make sure I was noticed by him in a fun way even though he couldn't really speak either time. Another person who was just as charismatic & nice to work with was Willie Nelson. Both of these guys were special people.
A friend of mine told me of an encounter he had with Muhammad Ali years ago. He crossed paths with Ali and his wife in a hotel hallway, and felt compelled to stop them and express his admiration. Ali responded by slowly raising his arms, his hands shaking uncontrollably. His wife quietly murmured to my friend, "He wants to give you a hug."

Whew. Such moments are the measure of a man.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:56 PM

276 posts, read 203,966 times
NICEST
Joe Montana: Retired professional football player, best known as a quarterback for the 49ers. A really nice and humble guy.

Richard Kiel: Perhaps best know for playing the villain Jaws in the James Bond films The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. A really nice and friendly guy in real life. Sadly he passed away in 2014.

William Zabka: Known for playing Johnny Lawrence, the bully in The Karate Kid. Also stars in the Youtube series Cobra Kai. Really nice guy.

Dwight Gooden and Darryl Strawberry: Both retired baseball players for the New York Mets. Both really nice when I met them.

I've met other famous people but the ones mentioned above are among the nicest ones I remember meeting. I've never met any famous persons who were jerks, or at least they didn't act like jerks when I met them. I know Corey Feldman has a bit of a bad reputation but I met him and he was quite cool, when I met him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities