Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 08:27 PM

973 posts, read 2,142,095 times

Advertisements

We met Pete Rose by chance in Vegas. He was signing autographs. He was pretty nice to us. But I've heard others say he's rude.

Hubby saw Madonna while filming a video that was only shown one on MTV a while back (I forget the name of it) . They yelled 'Madonna, hi!' . She smiled & waved. Her security was right there to make sure they didn't get any closer. lol

Met the Cleveland Cavs of the 90's, ie Mark Price, Steve Kerr, Craig Ehlo, Danny Ferry, Brad Daughtery, John Hot Rod Williams. All were really nice except Hot Rod.

My friend's hubby flies rich & famous people all the time. He said Harrison Ford is one of the nicest people he's ever met. On the other side of the coin, he said Ben Stiller is the biggest, rudest jerk ever. Sad, I thought he'd be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 08:30 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
I'm loving this thread since I will never meet anyone famous......more stories, please. LOL

Old 06-13-2011, 08:34 PM

973 posts, read 2,142,095 times
Oh, & hubby met Mohammod Ali (sp?) before he got bad. =( He was really nice. Hubby has met various sports players, but, I forget them all. lol

Even though not a fan now, hubby played pick up ball w/ LeBron James (we are from Akron) , until he was told he couldn't play anymore. lol He was in 7th grade, hubby was 22, &, uh, he schooled all the college kids. lol

Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
James Taylor and Martha Stewart were the nicest.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
The most amazing, sweetest celebrity I met & adore is Sir Richard Attenborough. Did a movie w/ him about 15 years ago & he treaed me as if I was his good friend; he even took a walk downtown w/ me just to talk about the filmshoot. Around the same timeframe did some work on another movie being filmed in Chitown-and had Bruce Willis actually flirt with me He went out of his way to approach me so I was really surprised. So those 2 top my list, but Fisher Stevens is another sweetheart. Richard Simmons- simply an angel to me. Phil Donahue was wonderful, meeting him was very cool. Sammy Sosa was fun to meet- very charming
Conversely, the most arrogant celebs I've encountered were Sydney Poitier, Elizabeth Perkins, & Oprah (back when she first started).

Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I saw Richard Simmons punch out a guy who was mocking him during a Mardi Gras parade. He jumped off the float and started pounding the a-hole as people cheered him on.
Lmao I love Richard Simmons....are you kidding?? He's one of the most caring inspirational celebs I've met in recent years

Old 06-14-2011, 12:17 PM

34 posts, read 145,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Maybe he has a presence about him that makes him seem larger .... i know a lot of people like this

For example - I'm 6'5", but you'd never guess it ..... I know many people in the 6' to 6'3" range who just seem huge .... it's often standing next to these type of people that others realize that i'm above average height

I've never met him, but I could see clint having that type of draw about him
Good point. My dad was 6 foot, 230, and people were always telling me and my mom what a large man he was. He did seem gigantic.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:28 PM

34 posts, read 145,921 times
I once had a high school senior come to my school when I was in 5th grade and teach our class how to play touch football. This was around 1949. He selected me as both quarterback and captain of the team. Years and years later he became Governor Buddy McKay of Florida. I saw him around 2008 when he was being interviewed for a magazine story. I approached him, called his name, he stood up and shook my hand. I related the 1949 football story to him and he just smiled and nodded. The lady writing the magazine story said she was interested in my football story. Of course Buddy didn't remember me but we had a nice conversation. A friendly gentleman. Gov. McKay's entire family has that kind of reputation.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:45 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
We met Pete Rose by chance in Vegas. He was signing autographs. He was pretty nice to us. But I've heard others say he's rude.

Hubby saw Madonna while filming a video that was only shown one on MTV a while back (I forget the name of it) . They yelled 'Madonna, hi!' . She smiled & waved. Her security was right there to make sure they didn't get any closer. lol

Met the Cleveland Cavs of the 90's, ie Mark Price, Steve Kerr, Craig Ehlo, Danny Ferry, Brad Daughtery, John Hot Rod Williams. All were really nice except Hot Rod.

My friend's hubby flies rich & famous people all the time. He said Harrison Ford is one of the nicest people he's ever met. On the other side of the coin, he said Ben Stiller is the biggest, rudest jerk ever. Sad, I thought he'd be nice.

Pete Rose came into a Buffalo Wing joint I was in and sat with a couple people for lunch in the bar. NO ONE went over to talk/acknowledge him, eventhough he was wearing a Reds hat. A couple guys there were from Ohio and said he was a jerk for many years. He was only nice during card events, and wouldn't sign anything unless cash was involved.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lmao I love Richard Simmons....are you kidding?? He's one of the most caring inspirational celebs I've met in recent years
Nope. the parades ebb and flow and occasionally a float stops. A dude started catcalling Richard about his 'orientation'. Rich jumped off the float and started wailing on the guy for a minute or two. We cheered something like "Beatdown to the Oldies".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities