Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:00 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,510,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Then why have we been hearing "breaking news" about every aspect of it for months and months???

I am so over it. Best wishes to them though!
'The Media'--I agree It has lost its mind. I ignore much of the effort to attract viewers. It might have been TLC that showed a mother and daughter reading a fairy tale book with pictures of The Couple--snarl.

I will watch it---hopefully find a channel that doesn't completely irritate me.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:26 AM

102 posts, read 170,659 times
I'm surprised that the media is surprised at the low response in the US to the royal wedding. They are clueless. Prince William seems like a nice enough young man, and I'm sure many wish them the best of luck, but to be so interested in a wedding?

While I do not doubt that many Americans are waking up today thinking "hmmm, should I fill up my gas tank today or buy groceries?..." I do doubt many are thinking "Oh gosh, I just have to know who did the beading on Kate Middleton's $25,000 dress."

Old 04-22-2011, 11:35 AM

102 posts, read 170,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Naw, I'm a woman and I can't stand any of the "princess" mentality of any of it. I don't care about the ring, or the dress, or the cake, or...I understand I'm probably a minority, though.

No, I don't think you're in the minority, I couldn't care less either. I think in the days of Camelot, when sugarplums were dancing in our minds and mom was making a baked apple pie for dessert, people had more leisure time to think about such things. Fast forward 50 years, and daydreaming of being a princess takes back seat to surviving in this world.

I'm not trying to be cynical, I think it's essential to stop and smell the roses as one journeys through this world, but I don't think even the most die-hard romantics have a large amount of time or the inclination to devote to such things as a prolonged royal wedding extravaganza.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:49 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,390,725 times
I don't know anyone that cares and neither do it.

Two people I dont know and have no interest in is getting married in another country. Big f*cking deal.

Am I suppose to care? Why?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post
I'm surprised that the media is surprised at the low response in the US to the royal wedding. They are clueless. Prince William seems like a nice enough young man, and I'm sure many wish them the best of luck, but to be so interested in a wedding?

While I do not doubt that many Americans are waking up today thinking "hmmm, should I fill up my gas tank today or buy groceries?..." I do doubt many are thinking "Oh gosh, I just have to know who did the beading on Kate Middleton's $25,000 dress."
sigh--It's an escape. After a day of 'reality' it is sometimes necessary to unwind. If I choose to watch TV--my choices are somewhat limited--it is doubtful that I will be traveling to the UK--a real fantasy of mine. What would it be like to live there---yes, I know --many harsh realities exist in the UK, too.

At least this is 'one happy moment'.

And yes, I would watch a documentary on the making of Kate Middleton's wedding dress. Having tried to make clothing I am in awe of those who are experts. I am also in awe of what it would be like to do anything as well as it must be done to satisfy centuries of traditions.

I like sapphires, too. Born in September. I will not consult Dr. Drew for an intervention over this.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 PM

10,038 posts, read 9,525,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Then why have we been hearing "breaking news" about every aspect of it for months and months???

I am so over it. Best wishes to them though!

B R E A K I N G-----N E W S

Sources out of the UK have reported that Oysters on the half shell will be subsituted for fried clams at the reception. I'll post further details as soon as the information is available.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
B R E A K I N G-----N E W S

Sources out of the UK have reported that Oysters on the half shell will be subsituted for fried clams at the reception. I'll post further details as soon as the information is available.
Oysters and clams Is Willie on a zinc shortage? Oh that's right, they need to produce another prince in waiting

Why won't these guys lead the horseback cavalry charge against Colonel Gaddafi right now???? Whatever happened to the chivalry

Old 04-23-2011, 09:06 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,666,286 times
Honestly, I was sick of the royal wedding the moment they announced that Prince William was dating. I knew a wedding would be blown out of proportion. I have never understood the whole thing with the royals--this isnt the 1400s...

Old 04-24-2011, 06:16 AM

Royal Wedding Spoof Video | Featured Videos | Comcast.net

Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,255,650 times
"The majority of Texas is burning to the ground, The US economy is weakening, but in MORE IMPORTANT NEWS! THE ROYAL WEDDING IS GOING TO BE FAB-U-LOUS!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities