Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,753,546 times

Advertisements

I need therapy.

I wanna dig a hole and hide, I'll come out of the burrows May 1 or something I bet on my buns it's gonna get out of control next week.

I can't even watch tv, go to the grocery store, read newspapers and browse the internet without being shoved with a dosage of the royal fairy tale wedding.

I don't really care. Why can't they make it a private affair, do their royal dance and spare us foreign mortals from their extravaganza orgy. I mean, with all the problems that exist in the world today....... is this even important?

Didn't know which board to post this, but this is where I hang out the most.

I am sure I'm NOT the only one who is getting sick of this thing staying on top of frontline tv and media..........

Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,240,884 times
I actually love it, but, the whole fairy tale princess thing is appealing moreso to women, I'd guess...

I'm even DVR'ing the wedding, I also have Charles and Diana's on VHS...and all the Local Newspapers headings about her death.

Sorry you don't like it, it is history in the making. Maybe you can watch DVD's till it's over?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:54 AM

19,743 posts, read 20,300,567 times
I rarely hear about this...as I live under a rock.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 AM

896 posts, read 1,478,034 times
Hey, those people worked hard their entire lives and earned the crown!

Oh wait, I just checked the criteria for becoming royalty. They could be dumb as sht and still get crowned becasue they were born into it.

K, now I agree. That is a stupid wedding.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,508,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I need therapy.

I wanna dig a hole and hide, I'll come out of the burrows May 1 or something

I can't even watch tv, go to the grocery store, read newspapers and browse the internet without being shoved with a dosage of the royal fairy tale wedding.

I don't really care. Why can't they make it a private affair, do their royal dance and spare us foreign mortals from their extravaganza orgy. I mean, with all the problems that exist in the world today....... is this even important?

Didn't know which board to post this, but this is where I hang out the most.

I am sure I'm NOT the only one who is getting sick of this thing staying on top of frontline tv and media..........
I have to see 'the dress'--that is all I know.

?? Every host from the Today Show will be there to cover The Event--Anderson Cooper and I suppose--'everybody' else. I suppose 'nothing' else will happen on April 29th?

I believe it begins around 4AM for the US---the ceremony around 6AM.

The big question is which title will the Queen bestow on the royal couple?
William has supposedly requested that he continue to be called HRH --but Catherine cannot become a princess. The title of Duke/Duchess is traditional---several possibilities exist. Just a little tidbit of what I have learned.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 AM

19,743 posts, read 20,300,567 times
this thread just backfired...

Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I actually love it, but, the whole fairy tale princess thing is appealing moreso to women, I'd guess...

I'm even DVR'ing the wedding, I also have Charles and Diana's on VHS...and all the Local Newspapers headings about her death.

Sorry you don't like it, it is history in the making. Maybe you can watch DVD's till it's over?
If I pay you to skip it and record TNT Cartoon network in that time, will you accept the proposal? Serious offer

Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 AM

817 posts, read 812,350 times
I think most people are so obsessed about this wedding because a lot of women look at the wedding and tend to imagine themselves to be the princess, as it is, the majority of the women in this nation have a huge "princess" mentality and a sense of entitlement, perhaps they expect the man they are going to get to be one such prince too that you see in the royal wedding :P.

That's why it's so popular, because women love to watch and gossip about it I guess.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
this thread just backfired...
Which rock do you live under, I need shelter ASAP

Old 04-21-2011, 09:02 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,214,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Why can't they make it a private affair, do their royal dance and spare us foreign mortals from their extravaganza orgy. I mean, with all the problems that exist in the world today....... is this even important?
It's important in that the Royal Family, their palaces and all the pomp and circumstance is a HUGE tourist attraction and that means money in the pockets of the country. That really is their primary purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities