Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:01 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,642,928 times

Advertisements

Its sad that he couldn't get help...some people dont have a great home support system. Celebrity rehab the show is just sick, to me.

I knew and cared about a person with these issues for years. It never gets better til they want to quit...I find it sick Dr Drew and others cash in on peoples addictions. Its a private thing- and personally people who have lived through it dont look at it as light entertainment. Its anything but. American media makes it worse, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 06:10 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,498,814 times
Who didn't see this coming?

Such a talented guy.

It's really very sad.

This is how I'll remember him.

Spoiler

Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,293,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
For certain substances it is a very good idea to withdraw with medical supervision. After that, no amount of rehab is going to help. In the end, it's all about whether someone wants to stop or not.
That and the power to fight the addiction. Addiction is one of the hardest things to overcome and those who have progressed still deal with the urges.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:33 PM

12,334 posts, read 17,189,082 times
Best wishes Jeff! Addiction often takes years to overcome. The only way is for the addict to commit 100% mind, body and soul to living better, while getting the proper out side help. What's worse about these addictions, in addition to pain caused to loved ones, is how many lost years being healthy and enjoying life gets taken away. To imagine realizing 10 years or more has been lost of valuable time. All the days/nights he or she does not remember. All the good things in life that weren't done because of it.

Beat this Jeff! Life is still out here...

Last edited by D. Scott; 05-22-2011 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Typo..

Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 PM

88,869 posts, read 85,336,177 times
I didn't recognize him from that picture. I had to go back and look at an old picture of him.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,642,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Best wishes Jeff! Addiction often takes years to overcome. The only way is for the addict to commit 100% mind, body and soul to living better, while getting the proper out side help. What's worse about these addictions, in addition to pain caused to loved ones, is how many lost years being healthy and enjoying life gets taken away. To imagine realizing 10 years or more has been lost of valuable time. All the days/nights he or she does not remember. All the good things in life that weren't done because of it.

Beat this Jeff! Life is still out here...
This is a nice hopeful post.

You know what though....Im seeing the media perpetuating the tragedy...I still feel sad sme1 I care about will never get help.

...and Dr Drew only takes celebrity cases......I hope people with kids dont perpetuate that its cool and fun

Its not....lifes hard enough...and I hate "professionals" on tv who make 7 figures acting like they give a damn. The fact is actors have died since the early 1930's to get attention....anorexia, plastic surgery.....overdose....some day you may be alone and no one will be there to dump you in the ambulance....again...Ive lived it....its not a Hollywood story.

They don't.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:07 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,734,368 times
I just read that Jeff has pneumonia and a blood infection. He is in an induced coma and the next 48 hours are touch and go. Here's wishing Jeff a good fight and I hope he comes out winning.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,498,814 times
Latest news:

Quote:
Jeff Conaway’s family has decided to turn off the actor’s life support machine, RadarOnline.com has learned.

The family, who has kept a vigil at the Los Angeles hospital where he has remained in a coma after being found unconscious at home, were told by doctors the star’s fight for life is over.
Jeff Conaway's Life Support to be Turned off

Old 05-26-2011, 06:15 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,029,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
More here: Grease star Jeff Conaway's family 'decide to turn off life support machine' | Mail Online

Sad that he could not, or would not, overcome his drug addiction.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,025,821 times
Im going to call FALSE on the turning off of life support stuff. I have NOT heard or seen one reputable news agency say anything about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities