Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:37 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times

Advertisements

If happiness does not have a price...

I heard it was a multi-million dollar wedding. Just think how much a couple of million would be if the money earned interest in a couple of decades. But then again, most celebrity marriages don't last that long.

I recall when my wife and I married; we did not spend a fortune, but we spent a lot. When I look back, I think we could have gotten away with a decent wedding for maybe five to ten thousand. I really don't care if people liked it or not, we just wanted them to have a good time, be served a great meal, and have an open bar to enjoy themselves and have a good time.

When it was over, I told my wife that I did not remember much. I did not drink, that was not the reason, but we were having to be social butterflies, we had schedules, photos, dressing up and all the things that go with a wedding. My wife was happy, as was I, but on our honeymoon, we both confessed to each other that it was a blur. We joke now and say that if we had to do it over, we would purchase air and hotel for our parents, our closest friends, and come out ahead than putting on a big wedding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/celeb...-princess.html

Old 08-22-2011, 08:12 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Apparently her wedding did cost millions but she didn't have to pay anything because she used her wedding as an advertising event. She got tons of free loot and sold her wedding photos. Pretty shameless.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Depends on how much you have.

A wedding is not worth going into debt for and for the average couple, it's not worth spending your life savings on. Dream weddings are for the rich and famous. They can afford them or they get them given to them.

As far as Kim's wedding is concerned, think of all the money she just pumped into the economy. I really don't care what she spends or what she gets. I just hope that other brides don't think they deserve the same and go into debt they'll regret later.

I'm thinking I'll give each of my girls a $5K wedding gift. I'll make it $10K if they elope.... Dh and I eloped. Early on, I regretted not having a wedding. I don't care now.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,945,418 times
Not worth the amount that her wedding cost...which why we are focusing on her is beyond me...but I guess if it was someone we had never heard of, but they spent that much we would still be interested.

I would be curious as to the likelihood of a couple staying together based on the cost of the wedding. What period of time the couple stayed together after the wedding, etc. There have to be statistics out there...

But my two cents is that if you focus on the wedding as much as she did and other celebrities, your marriage is going to suffer because it was more about the big day, then spending the rest of your life together. Life is not a fairytale and yet so many people base their wedding on that and then are shocked once all that fades away.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
This will be over in under 5 years. As soon as her popularity/show die down. The hubby was one of the least respected athletes my school ever produced. Very selfish, me first, kind of guy. Maybe they are a good match.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:43 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
i don't care how much money these people have, such excess just turns my stomach.....

Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
Moderator cut: image removedLL looks like a old hag

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 04:32 AM..

Old 08-23-2011, 01:36 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
She's been married twice before, this is his first, her mom controls everything, both sets of parents hate each other, this marriage is doomed and we'll probably see a breakup in about 6 months. Kardashians love publicity. They have no redeeming values and have contributed nothing to the good of society.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:02 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,996 times
they did not pay anthing for the wedding. All services dresses etc where free they were paid up to 17 mill to have the wedding. To top that off they asked gusts for expensive gifts.

I would have asked my guests to donate to a charity as a gift. but that is me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities