Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 03:41 PM

522 posts, read 715,786 times

Advertisements

i just do not find her to be relevant in the real world. maybe to the gamer cellphone shallow generation she is. not to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I never paid attention to her, but she's obviously talented. Paired here with Tony Bennett, I would say that I'm impressed.

Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is A Tramp - YouTube
Thanks for sharing, this was a nice duet. I could see those two creating a Christmas album.

She has so much talent and beautiful voice.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:54 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
LOL at the Lady is a Tramp. That is understatement of the day.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:39 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Well Gaga says she takes inspiration from Bowie and Elton who were over the top performers. Unlike many artists today though she is extremely talented and can write her own songs & wants to give her fans a show.
I really don't understand how her costumes are "outlandish" either. I can remember watching heavy metal groups in the 70s & 80s dressing up in leather and looking like they were about to perform in a S & M video!

"I think the costumes are part of the fun. Who wants to see a performer wearing jueans and a Tee shirt-----it is much more fun to see visuals..........Sonny & Cher....no one ever had better costumes better than Cher, she is and always will be fun to watch.
Same with Gaga, it is not everyday wear, people don't wear stuff like that, so it is fun to see.

I love creative people...."[/quote]

I have a lot of respect for her, she's easy to hate on, but people have to realize that it is very difficult for women to make it in the music industry unless they are gorgeous. Stephanie Germanotta is an average looking girl, in jeans and a tee, she would have a hard time getting anyone in music to listen to her, music execs want singers who look like models, and often even put looks before talent, that means talented singers like Gaga and Pink have to have other ways to get enough attention to have their music heard so they tend to become over the top personalities.

She is very entertaining, and does have musical talent, we have to remember she is still quite young, she will get better, and probably change a lot with age, right now her music is too pop for my taste, (although I do like to dance to it) but I still respect what she's doing. Most of the haters don't seem to know much about her and just love hating on people, right now it's trendy to hate lady Gaga, but often people can't even answer why they hate her, they just want to sound like they are above it all, whatever, I find people like that boring so I ignore them.

Last edited by detshen; 11-19-2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old 11-22-2011, 01:11 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
Lady G gets a lot of hate, I don't understand why. She has a great voice, great look, and great talent. What's to hate?

Plus, she's very charitable and accepting of people. Isn't that what people want in a celebrity? She's not afraid to express herself and be who she wants to be, she doesn't care what people think.

People says she's a man based on a little wardrobe malfunction, Gaga even made fun of it in her video Telephone.

If you don't like Mother Monster, please be kind and specify why.

The only people who think that Lady Gaga is original are the ones who either weren't born or were too young to remember Madonna at the height of her career in the 80s and 90s. For the rest of us, Lady Gaga is a basically just a sequel (or a cover artist).

Old 11-22-2011, 06:56 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Lady Gaga = Madonna + Marilyn Manson (shock factor)

Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
There is a very big difference between Madonna and Lady Gaga, and that is talent. Madonna was only shock with a mediocre voice, Madonna also tended to be shocking by pushing sexual boundaries. Lady Gaga can sing and play the piano, and many of the "shocking" things she does goes beyond beyond sexiness, she often looks very unattractive, Madonna always tried to look sexy. Gaga has praised Madonna on many occasions and says she is a huge fan and admirer of Madonna. There is a difference between being influenced by someone and copying them. Gaga is in her twenties, if she never changes then maybe she will have deserved all the criticism, but I have a feeling she will only continue to grow and change, and become a deeper artist. I'm not currently much of a fan of hers, or any pop music, other than I do enjoy dancing to her music, but I do respect her, and feel much of the hate is undeserved. I'm interested to see where she goes as she matures.

Last edited by detshen; 11-22-2011 at 07:58 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 09:46 PM

56 posts, read 88,075 times
it's usually her talent that i can't help admiring. she steps away from the pack and in today's world with no talent, she rises above.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:47 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
I loved Gaga before the Thanksgiving special but after seeing her on it I love her even more.

She showed heart, tenderness, kindness and soul for not only her family but for her memories of her school, teachers and fans.

I think she remembers clearly and vividly the bullying she experienced in school and feels and shows her compassion for those who experience the same.

I think she showed a great sense of grace and sympatico for her fellow man.

Brava to you Lady Gaga!!! (and yes, I do think she has a very good voice and vast imagination as well)

Old 11-26-2011, 06:53 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The only people who think that Lady Gaga is original are the ones who either weren't born or were too young to remember Madonna at the height of her career in the 80s and 90s. For the rest of us, Lady Gaga is a basically just a sequel (or a cover artist).

I'm wellllllllllllllll over the age you are talking about and even though I really liked Madonna when she first came out, she still was not as creative as Gaga. I don't get the sense that Gaga is the arrogant person Madonna is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities