Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:18 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,404,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Perhaps she's not her being her meanest or nastiest in THAT particular video.....but here's another sample:
I don't need examples. I'm well aware of what she does.

The point I'm making is she tries to be big and bad but she comes off as the impertinent child that she is. It's funny because Barbara is conservative but even she was trying to keep her quiet and it came off as grandma shushing the kid having a tantrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 06:41 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,490,974 times
I stopped watching "The View" long ago because of her. She is an uneducated imbecile who spouts out "statistics say" or "studies show" every time she tries to make a point. When called out on "what statistics" or "what studies", she clams up or says "I have to look it up". She's a MORON, plain and simple.

Barbara Walters should just fire her and get someone with a bit of intelligence to replace her.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:00 PM

10,184 posts, read 20,825,841 times
I always thought Joy Blowhard and Rosie were the nastiest of the bunch. Mahar is a jackass and deserved to be called out. Joking the Hasselback should be sent over to Egypt to be gang raped...yeah, real funny and clever. I'm sure if Bill would have made that "joke" about Woopie, she would not have been defending him. Anyone else would have been fired, but HBO has long ago gone down the toilet so I'm not surprised.

Hasselback's biggest problem is her ego. She shouldn't have blind sided him to make the segment about her while pretending to speak for all women. Basically, the entire cast of that show is hideous and untalented. The only worse are the mouthbreathers in the audience who eat that crap up and applaud at everything they say.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 PM

105 posts, read 188,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I always thought Joy Blowhard and Rosie were the nastiest of the bunch. Mahar is a jackass and deserved to be called out. Joking the Hasselback should be sent over to Egypt to be gang raped...yeah, real funny and clever. I'm sure if Bill would have made that "joke" about Woopie, she would not have been defending him. Anyone else would have been fired, but HBO has long ago gone down the toilet so I'm not surprised.

Hasselback's biggest problem is her ego. She shouldn't have blind sided him to make the segment about her while pretending to speak for all women. Basically, the entire cast of that show is hideous and untalented. The only worse are the mouthbreathers in the audience who eat that crap up and applaud at everything they say.

Darn...I wish I had written the above post. Well done.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:54 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,264,591 times
Hasselback is a Moderator cut: see comment . Sorry, I said it.

Now, I do not agree it was funny to joke about her being sent to be raped (though she should understand she is in the public eye and people will say crude things--and if you're obviously upset about it, don't try to say you're not...), but besides that she is nasty. Her tactic is to get into a debate about something she feels she knows everything about, usually about how republicans do no wrong and how Obama is the anti-Christ, but she'll get into other topics as well. What happens is someone will stump her and she, for the life of her, can not admit that she is wrong. So, she gets nasty and child-like, try to change the subject with a nasty tone, then when she can't change the subject she'll start to pull out "facts" and continue to speak in the nasty tone. Then, if all else fails, she'll pull the woman rights card.

I liked her on Survivor. Then she got on non-reality TV and my opinion of her went to hell.

Last edited by Beretta; 11-19-2011 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 11-17-2011, 04:38 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,284,483 times
Elisabeth is mean and nasty??? Look who she's talking to! The king of idiots!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:21 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,608,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I don't need examples. I'm well aware of what she does.

The point I'm making is she tries to be big and bad but she comes off as the impertinent child that she is. It's funny because Barbara is conservative...
I wasn't going to post on this, but by what standard could she be deemed conservative? Some of the men she dated were conservative, but everything I've seen her do she's pretty solidly on the Left. I remember in her 20/20 days her and John Stossel sometimes looked like they were going to smack each other She also won some award from GLAAD.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:23 PM

5,298 posts, read 7,656,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
..snip..I don't think anything that comes out of Bill Maher's mouth should be taken seriously.

But she did.
On a side note. I heard Ann Coulter say on Bill O'Rielly (sp) one night recently that she is very good friends with Bill Maher. I was kind of surprised, then wasn't. They are both shock jocks to some extent, just different political outlooks, I guess. Interesting.

I don't know which is worse, Joy Behar or Elizabeth Hasselback.

Ratings, ratings, ratings.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,598,188 times
She's the token conservative in a gaggle of liberal hens. Joy and Rosie are the two meanest women ever to regularly host the show.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 PM

2,203 posts, read 2,341,797 times
She comes across as arrogant, angry and all too ready to pounce on guests of the show. It's often very uncomfortable to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities