Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
So you changed your OP to reflect a link to the NY Post, insetad of the original link to a London Sun story. (The Sun is considered a daily "tabloid," not a newspaper, BTW.)

And the NY Post?

I've lived in New York City. I've read the Post. I don't know anyone who considers the Post anything more than a sleezy rag that prints stories of questionable taste and veracity.

Whether or not THIS story is true, and it may well be, it's still trash -- and again, I wish that people would just let Ms. Houston rest in peace.

But, yes, you certainly have the right to post it here. Just as I have the right to point out how low-class the story is.

As I said upthread, when an actual news network posts a story here (not you posting a link to a story), I'll be more than happy to tell them it's not news.
If this is not news then why did NYpost post the article? Then I quess this is not news about City-Data forum members quoted in NY Post is not news either.

//www.city-data.com/forum/about...quoted-ny.html

Old 03-05-2012, 04:32 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
If this is not news then why did NYpost post the article? Then I quess this is not news about City-Data forum members quoted in NY Post is not news either.

//www.city-data.com/forum/about...quoted-ny.html
I don't recall anyone referring to the NY Post story (in which CD members were quoted) as "News:"

You know what? You can try to defend this all you want, but the Whitney Houston story is tasteless and classless. She's dead, and it's simply tacky to print stories like this when she can't defend herself. Shame on all the sleezy rags who are printing this trash.

But you have every right to post it here.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:17 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
This thread has gone too far off topic. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.