Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:16 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,267,441 times

Advertisements

Growing up in far West Texas and Southern New Mexico, we were in mountain country. As a kid, I remember asking my dad why there were so many mountains, and he said 'because there is'.

Why is Snooki famous? Besides the fact that 'she is', as my father might have said. I can't see anything in this woman to know why, just like Perez Hilton. Paris Hilton is famous because of her loaded family line, she herself has no particular talent other than being famous, however, I think Paris is attractive... but Snooki? She looks like, well, you know. I realize some people must think she is a Goddess. If I was walking down the street, she'd maybe get a glance from me just to see how nasty she was dressed, and then I'd look away just as when driving on some of Houston's shady streets and watching the hookers trying to get my attention. Only when I have to travel those roads of course.

So, please enlighten me, I really don't get it. You can add your own celeb to the list if you wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
the Kardashians, Kate Gosselin, the 'girls next door'.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:03 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,890,042 times
It's part of this dumbing down culture in America.

APNewsBreak: Nearly 1 in 4 fails military exam - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101222/ap_on_re_us/us_military_exam - broken link)

When you can barely spell or function in highschool...it only goes to reason that you should have equally low celebrity "idols" to look up to. The two I think go hand in hand.

Look at celebrity women in the 60's or 70's.....annette funicello. Barbara Eden on I dream of jeannie. Ginger on Gilligans Island? Now its trash.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
I am NOT a fan of Snookie. But, it doesnt take a rocket scientist (actually, it doesnt even take a Walmart Greeter) to know that she's a young gal who appears on TV in millions of homes of teens and twenty-somethings on one of their most popular networks (MTV) and THAT is why she is "famous".

Im sure there will soon be many posters here who will post about people they dont like and say "I dont know why ___________ is famous" but when you look at it from non-I-hate-this-woman goggles, its easy to see why they are famous.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 AM

711 posts, read 1,143,452 times
Being famous shouldn't be associated with Snookie and the rest of her Jersey Shore friends. What have they done to deserve such praise? They have absolutely no skill or talent, yet we are so star struck by them just because of the fact that they are followed around by cameras. Folks probably hate Jersey Shore for just that. It's trashy, stupid, and gives a bad name to Hollywood and the TV industry. Shows like these question what it means to be famous and it is shows like these that are corrupting our culture.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:03 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times
I find her just as undeserving of attention as Sarah Palin. Very, very forgettable people.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM

51 posts, read 88,190 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin
but you have to admit,at least sarah palin has looks to make her attractive!
snooky is just a talentless skank!

Old 12-24-2010, 05:16 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,542,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Growing up in far West Texas and Southern New Mexico, we were in mountain country. As a kid, I remember asking my dad why there were so many mountains, and he said 'because there is'.

Why is Snooki famous? Besides the fact that 'she is', as my father might have said. I can't see anything in this woman to know why, just like Perez Hilton. Paris Hilton is famous because of her loaded family line, she herself has no particular talent other than being famous, however, I think Paris is attractive... but Snooki? She looks like, well, you know. I realize some people must think she is a Goddess. If I was walking down the street, she'd maybe get a glance from me just to see how nasty she was dressed, and then I'd look away just as when driving on some of Houston's shady streets and watching the hookers trying to get my attention. Only when I have to travel those roads of course.

So, please enlighten me, I really don't get it. You can add your own celeb to the list if you wish.

If people like "the Snooker" are famous and rich, it says more about US than it does them. Look in the mirror. If we didn't read their magazines or watch the stupid show, we wouldn't know who they were and they wouldn't be making money.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,627,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post
Being famous shouldn't be associated with Snookie and the rest of her Jersey Shore friends. What have they done to deserve such praise? They have absolutely no skill or talent, yet we are so star struck by them just because of the fact that they are followed around by cameras. Folks probably hate Jersey Shore for just that. It's trashy, stupid, and gives a bad name to Hollywood and the TV industry. Shows like these question what it means to be famous and it is shows like these that are corrupting our culture.
and yet people watch this crap.
I saw JS for about 3 minutes and was like WTF, people actually watch this bunch of retards and want to see what happens.
That is pretty pitiful......

unbelievable that this is what has come to television.....

Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and yet people watch this crap.
I saw JS for about 3 minutes and was like WTF, people actually watch this bunch of retards and want to see what happens.
That is pretty pitiful......

unbelievable that this is what has come to television.....

wish i could rep you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities