Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:26 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times

Advertisements

not a Cruise fan, not a Holmes fan either..never thought he was good looking. To me he's just the creepy scientology guy...only because I find scientology creepy and he's the big shot dude in that whole organisation..all his movieroles are similar so I don't see the reason for the attraction so many have. But whatever, I hope we won't hear media crap from either one again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 12:33 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise's divorce was finalized less than two months after the initial filing and the settlement is reportedly fairly straightforward.

TMZ is reporting that Holmes has received no lump sum, which is consistent with the prenuptial agreement the two signed. She also will receive no further spousal support, which is not what she was after. Holmes reportedly just wanted the divorce.

However, there is obviously 6-year-old daughter Suri to consider. Reportedly, Tom must pay Katie $400,000 per year in child support until Suri turns 18. Cruise is also responsible for Suri's expenses, which include health care, education, college and extracurricular costs.

The parents have also agreed Suri will not attend a "residential school," i.e. they will not be shipping Suri off to boarding school.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/08/katie-holmes-and-tom-cruise-divorce-settlement-nets-holmes-nothing---report.html

Old 08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise's divorce was finalized less than two months after the initial filing and the settlement is reportedly fairly straightforward.

TMZ is reporting that Holmes has received no lump sum, which is consistent with the prenuptial agreement the two signed. She also will receive no further spousal support, which is not what she was after. Holmes reportedly just wanted the divorce.

However, there is obviously 6-year-old daughter Suri to consider. Reportedly, Tom must pay Katie $400,000 per year in child support until Suri turns 18. Cruise is also responsible for Suri's expenses, which include health care, education, college and extracurricular costs.

The parents have also agreed Suri will not attend a "residential school," i.e. they will not be shipping Suri off to boarding school.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/08/katie-holmes-and-tom-cruise-divorce-settlement-nets-holmes-nothing---report.html
Thanks for the follow up. It looks like Katie just wanted out. Out of the marriage and Scientology. Good for her.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
Thanks for the follow up. It looks like Katie just wanted out. Out of the marriage and Scientology. Good for her.

you just know she is relieved!!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:37 PM

18,051 posts, read 15,649,855 times
No lump sum at the end...she must have gotten her agreed upon amount each year during the marriage. The rumor was she would be paid $3M per year of marriage. If true, she netted $15M+ over those 5.5 years. She obviously had access to $$$$ during the marriage, which has left her financially in a better state than she was before getting married.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you just know she is relieved!!!!
Heck, even I am relieved and I am not a particular fan of either of them.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
not a Cruise fan, not a Holmes fan either..never thought he was good looking. To me he's just the creepy scientology guy...only because I find scientology creepy and he's the big shot dude in that whole organisation..all his movieroles are similar so I don't see the reason for the attraction so many have. But whatever, I hope we won't hear media crap from either one again.
Yeah...same opinion...and all from this little twit who looks like he has barely completed puberty. I'm sure that, if he wasn't a rich movie star, he wouldn't hold that post. That said, I will never understand what made him a box office hit to begin with.

For me, he held no credibility beyond "Risky Business," which was actually very funny ... and appropriately childish for Cruise who plays a silver spooned North Shore brat quite well.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:45 PM

637 posts, read 1,026,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
No lump sum at the end...she must have gotten her agreed upon amount each year during the marriage. The rumor was she would be paid $3M per year of marriage. If true, she netted $15M+ over those 5.5 years. She obviously had access to $$$$ during the marriage, which has left her financially in a better state than she was before getting married.
Yeah, looks like the 5 year contract expired
Tom will have to start looking for the next victim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities