Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:03 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,622,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Good post. I am neutral about her movies, except maybe Gia, which was good.

I assume marriage isnt needed, if she loves him and he loves her- what difference does it make except to the two involved??. Personally I would rather hear about her than the other media whores we hear about- Paris, Britney, etc.

At least Jolie is a good Mom to her kids. That matters.
I agree with you. I don't think she is a particularly good actress ( nor a partuclarly bad one either) though I have heard she is wonderful in "A mighty Heart" ( which I haven't seen) but she seems by Hollywood standard a fairly normal and "un-starry" woman and quite "nice". If she and Pitt make each other happy and she is a good Mom I can't really see why she is selected out for specific antagonism.

There seems to be far worse personalities and celebrities in Hollywood to pick on.

A great role model ? No maybe not. A terrible human being , I don't think so either.

IMO Angelina Jolie comes out rather well compared to others in her field though like every other celebrity I think she is obscenely paid and bound to live a fairly artificial lifestyle compared to us mere mortals. She at least seems to try and be a bit more down to earth in some respect.

Physique-wise I think she can look absolutely stunning but sometimes quite like a caricature of a woman and very "cartoonish". To me she goes from utterly beautiful to almost grotesque.

To be honest I don't really care enough about famous people to really give it much thought at all. At the end of the day they are hardly very interesting or intellectually stimulating people and what they do in their private or even public life is really of little interest to me. I have a life and don't wish to live vicariously through other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 10:56 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Hi Mooseketeer- (sunny)- - now dreamofmonterey-

I agree also. Lol at the Spam attached here- who is talking about Jenifer Aniston here? now she to me, is not even an actor.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:45 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times
I think this link says it all.

UNHCR - Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie accepts Global Humanitarian Award

She uses her status to shine a light on problem parts of the world. She is not just a pretty face.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:00 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,229,511 times
Wink Whaddaya mean I ain't no celeb?

Angelina Jolie only has 1 flaw, she chose Brad Pitt over me.
Seriously, how can you go from Billy Bob Thorton to Brad Pitt and skip all that is me?
Is it because my 1st name starts with a D and not a B?
Granted I may not have the body of an Arnold (Schwarzenegger).
Or the face (and bleached teeth) of a Tom (Cruise).
Or the genius of a Woody (Allen).
But I lick like Lassie.

And no I don't think she is overrated at all.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:18 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think this link says it all.

UNHCR - Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie accepts Global Humanitarian Award

She uses her status to shine a light on problem parts of the world. She is not just a pretty face.

True, she turned her celebrity into something positive. No one here wants to see how bad other countries are, especially how impoverished children are, like Audrey Hepburn, with UNESCO, at least tried to bring this news to the U.S.

Remember Paris Hilton on Larry King (after jail) saying she would do charity work . Those that really do, and do it for others, like Jolie, are to be admired.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:03 AM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,239 times
I think I'm the only dude in the world that doesn't like her lol

Something about her face makes me go ugh.. I think it's her gigantic Steven Tyler lips.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:25 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,872 times
Well the fact thet she doesnt speak to her father Jon Voight, because he said she needed "help", She does. She broke up Brad and Jennifer and noone can deny that, and to divert attention away from that she adopts a few foreign kids. Sounds like shes disturbed to me.

What she should have done was admit to her father to seek therapy, admitted and apologized for being a homewrecker, and adopted a few AMERICAN babies.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:59 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
Well the fact thet she doesnt speak to her father Jon Voight, because he said she needed "help", She does. She broke up Brad and Jennifer and noone can deny that, and to divert attention away from that she adopts a few foreign kids. Sounds like shes disturbed to me.

What she should have done was admit to her father to seek therapy, admitted and apologized for being a homewrecker, and adopted a few AMERICAN babies.
I disagree. It's her father who needs help. He gives me the creeps.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:15 PM

42 posts, read 127,759 times
I don't think she's a good actress. But I do enjoy watching some of her films. ( much rather watch her than Jen Anniston) Plus she has said that she keeps doing films to finance her charity work. Which I think is great. And Yes. she has a pretty torrid past, but she's totally cleaned up her act for her kids! That's very commendable. I like her, even though she's a bit weird. As far as Brad Pitt, he seems very in love with her. I think it's romantic.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 PM

436 posts, read 1,174,119 times
I like her. I think her only mistake was falling for Brad. He doesnt deserve her. He is going to leave her soon, you watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities