Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 09:33 AM

103 posts, read 213,234 times

Advertisements

Will and Jada Smith Under Investigation By Child Protective Services | Celebrity and Entertainment News | PressRoomVIP

This is a little bizzare but it's true. The Smiths are being investigated since a picture of 13 year old Willow in bed with an adult male surfaced on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 10:06 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,583,493 times
One of the most absurd things I've heard. That picture is completely innocuous. Amazing how uptight people can sexualize anything in their own mind.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:45 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,277,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
One of the most absurd things I've heard. That picture is completely innocuous. Amazing how uptight people can sexualize anything in their own mind.
I do find that picture innocuous as well and nothing racy or sexy about it. I wonder though if there are some other red flags that we don't know about. Seems like launching an investigation over "that" picture is overkill. Must be more to the story.

Personally though, I've never been a huge fan of the Smith family. In interviews I've seen, they have a very free and easy parenting style. I always get the impression of the kids having too much, too young. Very much a power Hollywood family. I watched an interview with his wife as well a few years ago...she went on and on about her sex life in that interview and I was pretty put off. I know that they've been plagued with tabloid reports for years but the interviews I've read/watched don't make me the biggest fan. I do like Will though. I could be wrong though and you never know until you witness stuff first hand. People have been investigated for a lot less and it must be a tough time right now.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:55 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,461,028 times
I think it depends on why they happened to be in the photo in the first place. I have no opinion about the Smiths and their family, other than it's very nice they enjoy great success. The photo appears to be innocent, but could easily not be. I agree there may be much more to the story or perhaps nothing more. There's no way to know with the information available.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:13 PM

24,152 posts, read 32,563,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
I do find that picture innocuous as well and nothing racy or sexy about it. I wonder though if there are some other red flags that we don't know about. Seems like launching an investigation over "that" picture is overkill. Must be more to the story.

Personally though, I've never been a huge fan of the Smith family. In interviews I've seen, they have a very free and easy parenting style. I always get the impression of the kids having too much, too young. Very much a power Hollywood family. I watched an interview with his wife as well a few years ago...she went on and on about her sex life in that interview and I was pretty put off. I know that they've been plagued with tabloid reports for years but the interviews I've read/watched don't make me the biggest fan. I do like Will though. I could be wrong though and you never know until you witness stuff first hand. People have been investigated for a lot less and it must be a tough time right now.

I never had the "free and easy" impression at all. A college friend who is quite Conservative sends her children to Oaks Christian in SoCal. Their children attend there.My friend thinks they are great parents.

They are also members of a chirch. But I can't remember which.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:24 PM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzy View Post
Will and Jada Smith Under Investigation By Child Protective Services | Celebrity and Entertainment News | PressRoomVIP

This is a little bizzare but it's true. The Smiths are being investigated since a picture of 13 year old Willow in bed with an adult male surfaced on the internet.
Maybe they think she takes after her big sis and will start going down on the dude out of instinct.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:56 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,815,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Maybe they think she takes after her big sis and will start going down on the dude out of instinct.

?????

she doesn't have a sister.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:59 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,277,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I never had the "free and easy" impression at all. A college friend who is quite Conservative sends her children to Oaks Christian in SoCal. Their children attend there.My friend thinks they are great parents.

They are also members of a chirch. But I can't remember which.
Yeah, that is why I prefaced it with you really don't know until you see it first hand. I've just been put off with a few interviews I've seen with them. Just my impressions.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:47 PM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
?????

she doesn't have a sister.
You are correct. When I read it my first thought was of the picture with their son and Kylie Jenner, Kim's sister.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:41 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,326,881 times
I think CPS has become too big for their own good and the Smiths shouldn't have to explain diddly to anyone. Also, while I understand how the average person would assume a stance of friendly accommodation, you would think that someone like the Smiths with all of their money and such could assemble a very guard-dog like legal team, reminiscent of the one OJ Simpson had 20 years ago, to really create a headache for these outsiders. You know, do something like what "Uncle Phil" said years ago in that episode: "I'm going to tie this place up in so much litigation that your GRANDCHIDLREN are going to need lawyers." (I realize that was a TV show, but I've always been under the impression that the likes of the Smiths could indeed create that caliber of legal headaches for such persons.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities