Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 10:22 AM

18,483 posts, read 31,681,632 times

Advertisements

I hate politically correctness, say what you wanna say and call it a day.
I hate sugar coated BS

Love Joan

I hated the interview lady she was annoying and Joan was 100 percent right. I would have called her a few things while on TV, talk about a shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 10:30 AM

14,975 posts, read 12,191,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I think she is extremely funny and it's delightful that she is not politically correct. She does not spare ANY president, whether he is the current one or another one. She is a survivor and I'm so glad she is. Her mind is so quick. Much quicker than her critics. Too bad her critics don't have her bank account. When her husband committed suicide she finally got herself back together and is better than ever. If her critics looked at their own lives they would discover how much time is spent badmouthing other people who have what it takes to survive.
She's never spared anyone. Not even herself.

Joan Rivers: Why Johnny Carson 'Never Ever Spoke to Me Again'

Old 07-08-2014, 10:33 AM

14,975 posts, read 12,191,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
A guest who is known for being antagonistic and controversial will have to face questions related to the controversies, book or no book.
It depends on who the guest is being antagonistic towards and controversial about......

Old 07-08-2014, 11:23 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,330,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
She's never spared anyone. Not even herself.

Joan Rivers: Why Johnny Carson 'Never Ever Spoke to Me Again'

Yeah, well, Joan is known to be the "queen of the low blows" and quite the prima donna. Carson was a gent. He knew when to stop. Joan still doesn't know when to shut the BLANK up. She has the worst case of diarrhea mouth. And after a while, even the most hard to shock and vulgar amongst us can and will get tired of swimming in her ****. Like Andy Kaufman, she carried and carries things too far. Yep, even comedy has its limits.

Last edited by picklejuice; 07-08-2014 at 12:51 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,855,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I hate politically correctness, say what you wanna say and call it a day.
I hate sugar coated BS

Love Joan

I hated the interview lady she was annoying and Joan was 100 percent right. I would have called her a few things while on TV, talk about a shock.

I seriously doubt that I could have said this better myself.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:13 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,233,952 times
Sometimes I think JR goes too far. But I still admire her, she's been through a lot of downs and always fights her way back. And once in awhile she cracks me up!

The thing is,
When she interviews people on Fashion Police or the red carpet she is always gracious and kind to her guests and seems to go out of her way to say genuinely nice things. She may be talkin trash about t a few shows earlier or later, that's her comedy gig. But during the interview she's respectable.

No one likes to feel blindsided. She's an old lady, regardless of how crotchety you think she is, be professional and be courteous. Her perogative to walk out, I hope that reporter doesn't profit from this.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:16 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,530,686 times
You do realize that walking off gets her more press than just finishing the interview.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Yeah, well, Joan is known to be the "queen of the low blows" and quite the prima donna. Carson was a gent. He knew when to stop. Joan still doesn't know when to shut the BLANK up. She has the worst case of diarrhea mouth. And after a while, even the most hard to shock and vulgar amongst us can and will get tired of swimming in her ****. Like Andy Kaufman, she carried and carries things too far. Yep, even comedy has its limits.
Carson was a gent? Its a matter of perspective. He may have been a gent to a lot of people but he wasn't to her.
He quit talking to her after she left his show after 18 years for her own show? She doesn't have the right to quit and move up? What is she a slave? When every other man had and would do exactly the same thing? That's just petty and sexist.

I liked that article, she had a lot of smart experienced things to say.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
You do realize that walking off gets her more press than just finishing the interview.
Well then I guess that reporters little ploy backfired.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:45 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,811,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Sometimes I think JR goes too far. But I still admire her, she's been through a lot of downs and always fights her way back. And once in awhile she cracks me up!

The thing is,
When she interviews people on Fashion Police or the red carpet she is always gracious and kind to her guests and seems to go out of her way to say genuinely nice things. She may be talkin trash about t a few shows earlier or later, that's her comedy gig. But during the interview she's respectable.

No one likes to feel blindsided. She's an old lady, regardless of how crotchety you think she is, be professional and be courteous. Her perogative to walk out, I hope that reporter doesn't profit from this.

absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities