Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 08:58 AM

797 posts, read 1,749,778 times

Advertisements

I really hope they include Diana, at least as a middle name.

Personally I hope they name her Alexandra!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 09:07 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,377 times
The last Princess of Cambridge was Princess Mary over 150 years ago and lovingly called Fat Mary because of her wide girth. There hasn't been a Mary in a long time and I was thinking a year ago if they had a girl they'd name her Mary. Yet no one has mentioned it in all the betting so I guess it is not popular.

Alice, Victoria and Charlotte are the top picks. With Charlotte over taking Alice in the race recently. So much so the bookies think someone let the name and gender slip and they closed the bets on it. George was tops last time so I wonder if it will be the same this time with Charlotte.

Alexandra is the Queen's middle name so that would probably delight her Majesty, Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:16 AM

797 posts, read 1,749,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
The last Princess of Cambridge was Princess Mary over 150 years ago and lovingly called Fat Mary because of her wide girth. There hasn't been a Mary in a long time and I was thinking a year ago if they had a girl they'd name her Mary. Yet no one has mentioned it in all the betting so I guess it is not popular.

Alice, Victoria and Charlotte are the top picks. With Charlotte over taking Alice in the race recently. So much so the bookies think someone let the name and gender slip and they closed the bets on it. George was tops last time so I wonder if it will be the same this time with Charlotte.

Alexandra is the Queen's middle name so that would probably delight her Majesty, Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.
I love Charlotte. I just don't see them naming her that. I read that they've known the gender all along (and allegedly did with George too). US weekly did a montage of photos of Kate during this pregnancy and she wore more pink this time compared to with her pregnancy with George, where blues and greens dominated her wardrobe.

I still don't like the name George though. I wish they named him Alexander George instead of George Alexander

Old 05-02-2015, 10:43 AM

The royal hairdresser showed up earlier. Unless they like to stay in tonight I expect we'll see the baby live within the next two hours and the Duchess wearing some shade of a hot pinkish red that seems to have become her popular color this pregnancy. Sunset is at 8:29 pm so at the latest they'll emerge is around 7:30 pm to get photos into the golden hour before sunset, which is great for pictures. It's currently around 5:40 pm in London with a partly cloudy sky.

Here is one live link to the event. LINK

Old 05-02-2015, 11:03 AM

Here's another angle of the live stream of the event. It looks directly in the doors. It's getting close now. They're sending their men to check the all clear outside the doors. Link 2

Two more live streams of the event with direct door views.

Link 3

Link 4

I'm watching about four views of the door now.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:13 AM

She's wearing light yellow! They came out for pictures and then went back inside together. That's a wrap.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:40 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newenglander0000 View Post
I really hope they include Diana, at least as a middle name.

Personally I hope they name her Alexandra!
I really like the name Alexandra, too, but as there were two royal Alexandras who either married or were born to English monarchs had very sad and tragic lives, so I doubt they will choose this unless it is part of a chain of middle names. Alexandra of Denmark was married to King Edward VII "Bertie", who was the son of Queen Victoria, and a notorious womanizer, plus she was plagued with ill health and the deaths of two of her children; and Queen Alexandra (Edward VII's niece and daughter of Princess Alice, one of Queen Victoria's daughters) married Nicholas II of Russia and was executed along with him and all of her children.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:01 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
And George already has Alexander, so I'm not sure they'd repeat.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:36 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
I'm just hoping it's not Mary or Elizabeth.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:12 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
Jane, Mary, Alexandra or another name beginning with an "A" (not Anne), or Frances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities