Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 05:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Our brains possess a trait known as brain plasticity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroplasticity

Which means they can repair after stroke.

Health Hub - Brain & Spine Health - Can a brain heal itself after stroke?

Supposedly he recognized Khloe and spoke to her. He also supposedly recognized the doctors and gave them a thumbs up when they asked how he was doing. He also said good morning to them.

I had a friend that was in a serious car accident which left her completely unconscious for 18 days. She suffered serious brain injury but today is back at work.
Thanks for the link. I never knew this.

Not possible for those poor souls who develop Alzheimer's unfortunately. A cure is desperately needed for that dreadful disease.

Really great to hear about Lamar's good news though. Hopefully he recovers fully, and can begin life anew with a fresh outlook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 07:11 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Great news and I am sure many prayers answered for Lamar now if he wakes up & realizes how precious life is. He needs to think about what he is putting his own children through I'm sure a form of hell like he went through with his absent & addict dad.

We are pulling for Khloe to stand by her man here too.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:21 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,973,291 times
While I don't mean to kick him when he is down. who is he and why is he a name in the news to begin with? I mean, he ranks up there as the 4th or so story after Syria, Afghanistan, and the election........and I've never heard of him.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:31 PM

620 posts, read 638,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
While I don't mean to kick him when he is down. who is he and why is he a name in the news to begin with? I mean, he ranks up there as the 4th or so story after Syria, Afghanistan, and the election........and I've never heard of him.
He's a professional basketball player who has played on 4 or 5 different pro teams as well as on the US Olympic team.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:22 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
who is he and why is he a name in the news to begin with? I mean, he ranks up there as the 4th or so story after Syria, Afghanistan, and the election........and I've never heard of him.
His main claim to fame is that he's a former Laker basketball star.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:44 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
Never heard of the guy. The talk shows, morning shows and news are drooling all over this story. Who cares.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:57 AM

620 posts, read 638,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Never heard of the guy. The talk shows, morning shows and news are drooling all over this story. Who cares.
Obviously you do, because you took the time to go into a thread about him and comment.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:03 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,141,466 times
Quote:
His basketball career with him being an important player on championship teams in the New York area in college and the NBA Lakers in Los Angeles would have gotten him mentioned on the news. Marrying into the Kardashian clan made. It a bigger story

Old 10-17-2015, 10:24 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
His basketball career with him being an important player on championship teams in the New York area in college and the NBA Lakers in Los Angeles would have gotten him mentioned on the news. Marrying into the Kardashian clan made. It a bigger story
Oh, I wish you hadn't told me that part.

I was willing to accept that with his sports career, he was important to someone, sigh, and let it go at that.

But a Kardashian? To me, that rather wipes the slate of whatever else he has done and generates to motivation to know nothing more about him. Just another one of those stories that when they come on the TV screen, like them bringing in their expert for an opinion, it's time to mute the news.

As it is, here, I still will probably let it go. A wish for his recovery.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:07 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,127,796 times
Good news so far with him being conscious. I hope the man makes a full recovery, gets clean-And most importantly gets far away from those vultures circling him who only care about remaining in the spotlight for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities