Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 12:31 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,440,782 times

Advertisements

Johnny Depp has a film career spanning over 30 years. I find his films, in the main, very entertaining. He is an actor who always seems willing to take a risk, and plays a variety of characters. He does make the occasional turkey like The Tourist, and The Lone Ranger........ But, overall, he has a very interesting list of movies in his time as a movie star.

He comes over in interviews as quite a shy man. He has been known to visit schools and hospitals in England dressed as his pirate character Jack Sparrow. I can't think of any other movie star who does such things. My wife thinks he is adorable.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmoT-YlyIho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 10:19 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,330,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Johnny Depp has a film career spanning over 30 years. I find his films, in the main, very entertaining. He is an actor who always seems willing to take a risk, and plays a variety of characters. He does make the occasional turkey like The Tourist, and The Lone Ranger........ But, overall, he has a very interesting list of movies in his time as a movie star.

He comes over in interviews as quite a shy man. He has been known to visit schools and hospitals in England dressed as his pirate character Jack Sparrow. I can't think of any other movie star who does such things. My wife thinks he is adorable.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmoT-YlyIho

He does the school visits and things of that nature often. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies are a huuuge hit with all ages. I'm 23, and still enjoy them time after time.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:20 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,330,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I've never been a fan of his Burton films. But when he's realistic in the role I like him a lot. "Donnie Brasco" is one of my favorites.
The Burton films he's in are some of my favorites, again that's because he plays "different" weird roles and I find it very intriguing. I'm kind of weird myself, so maybe that's my weirdness connecting to his

Old 01-04-2016, 03:06 PM

8,337 posts, read 13,477,232 times
I think he is an odd character but enjoyed almost all of his earlier movies. Public Enemy and on...pfft.

He was obviously great in PC series but I particularly liked him in Edward Scissorhands, Benny and Joon, Donnie Brasco and finding Neverland.
He is nowhere near retirement nor should he retire.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:05 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,853,512 times
I don't understand his appeal, either. Good-looking when he was young, he now has a slovenly appearance and always looks like he needs a shower and shampoo.

And don't get me started on that affected accent. He was born in KY and raised in FL, for gawd's sake.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:57 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,334,551 times
I avoid films with him in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities