Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 06:36 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,431,625 times

Advertisements

Especially since jayz has been cheating on Beyonce.

And don't you think this marriage is a fake?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 11:07 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,081,076 times
Hmmm, sorry, I never gave it that much thought...

How can it be a fake marriage?

Sorry, that prob sounds like a dumb question...but what do you think. Just a business arrangement?

Old 01-01-2018, 06:36 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,057,245 times
Business arrangement. Beyoncé can get get practically any guy she wants and she chose Jay-Z who is older than her and looks like a camel, but is a good “financial investment” for her and future off-spring.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:56 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,265,080 times
Beyoncé makes just as much as if not more than Jay-Z. I call this a good match. Looks aren’t everything to everyone.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:16 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,030,737 times
I find them very interesting. I can't think of a couple who has been so artistically naked and commercial at the same time.

It was obvious that he was going to cheat. Before they got married, he had a line about that they aren't meant to be bc she loves her job more than she loved him. They are on a bigger level but I think he touched on a big problem in relationships.

I don't think it's a fake marriage at all.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:30 AM

16,428 posts, read 12,552,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
Beyoncé makes just as much as if not more than Jay-Z. I call this a good match. Looks aren’t everything to everyone.
Yep. According to Forbes, in 2017, Bey made more than double what Jay-Z did ($105M vs. $42M). So much for that theory.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:44 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,566,960 times
I think it's a "showbiz" type of marriage.
I do think when you get to that type of industry that marriages are just different than what I would call a conventional marriage.

You're dealing with people that are in a very "narcissistic" industry. Beyonce has got to be one of the most over exposed artist on the planet and I think she likes that.

So while I don't think the marriage is "fake", I do think it's not a "standard" relationship like we think of marriage.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:50 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Hmmm, sorry, I never gave it that much thought...

How can it be a fake marriage?

Sorry, that prob sounds like a dumb question...but what do you think. Just a business arrangement?
Agree with showbiz type marriage reference.
Can business arrangements include genetic reproduction? Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony / Marco Antonio Muniz did the same, just my opin. These children should have amazing talent.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:29 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,030,737 times
What's the other options? They need to be married to someone as big as them. You see celebs trying to marry regular people and when they get divorced, it turns out that the spouse was stealing from them or wants tons of money.
Even though they are rich and Jay Z is pretty smart and self aware, they are still hood. He is from the projects, her dad cheated on her mom and Joe Jackson'd Beyoncé. They are never going to be Tom Hanks and Rita but they aren't Ike and Tina, either.
I don't think you can compare them to J Lo and Marc. J Lo is a love addict. Jay is Beyoncé's only public relationship.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:14 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,821,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
What's the other options? They need to be married to someone as big as them. You see celebs trying to marry regular people and when they get divorced, it turns out that the spouse was stealing from them or wants tons of money.
Even though they are rich and Jay Z is pretty smart and self aware, they are still hood. He is from the projects, her dad cheated on her mom and Joe Jackson'd Beyoncé. They are never going to be Tom Hanks and Rita but they aren't Ike and Tina, either.
I don't think you can compare them to J Lo and Marc. J Lo is a love addict. Jay is Beyoncé's only public relationship.
Beyonce is not from the hood. Her dad was an investment banker and her mom owned a successful business, they were upper middle class. She grew up in a big house in the suburbs. Her family bankrolled her early career themselves. Her background is not disimilar from Taylor Swift's.

I second the idea that it's a real marriage lived by showbiz standards. I can't imagine being married to someone with a career like that where they are always on the road or at late night parties or in recording studios surrounded by groupies. It's a recipie for cheating and I'd be ready to cut someone every day. LOL

But I guess it works for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities