Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 06:05 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,224,162 times

Advertisements

Watching the James Corden show I see Jaden Smith on with Seth Rogan and Jason Segal.
So typically the bigger the star the closer to the host they sit right? And often that person gets talked to
first. Jaden Smith is put in the middle, before Jason Segal which is I think a total insult. And Corden opens by talking to him?
About his dreadlocks that he carried to some award show. The Jaden pulls out his handful of
dreadlocks and ceremoniously gives everyone a piece. Talk about Jaden's hair takes abou 5 minutes.
Then more talk about how he shows up places in such cool costomes he comes up with himself like the white batman outfit he wore to some party. I'm thinking - why is he on this show?

So finally talking to Rogen and Segal, who have a movie and book to talk about respectively.

Then back to Jaden - he has an album out. Ah, a reason to be on! About which he spouts the most complete nonsense about the name and description which are words he made up himself to describe this awesomeness so no one else has to do it etc. OMG why does this kid get any...time in front of any kind of mike or camera. Any attention at all?

And the real kicker is, despite terrible reviews, or the reviews that carefully kiss *** and end with a well it might not be for anyone comment, it hit billboard at 200 or something?
Oh and he's making a film of the album and says he wants to be like Elon Musk. Jaden who I suspect doesn't have a GED vs. Elon Musk who has a BS in Physics from the Univ of Pennsylvania, BS in Business from Wharton and got into the Stanford PhD program although he decided to leave and go straight into his entrepreneurial aspirations.

I can't stand talentless kids taking up space just because their parents are famous

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/jaden-smith-syre/

Jaden Smith: Dropping Out Of School Is Intelligent — Actor Goes On Twitter Rant – Hollywood Life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 10:44 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Watching the James Corden show I see Jaden Smith on with Seth Rogan and Jason Segal.
So typically the bigger the star the closer to the host they sit right? And often that person gets talked to
first. Jaden Smith is put in the middle, before Jason Segal which is I think a total insult. And Corden opens by talking to him?
About his dreadlocks that he carried to some award show. The Jaden pulls out his handful of
dreadlocks and ceremoniously gives everyone a piece. Talk about Jaden's hair takes abou 5 minutes.
Then more talk about how he shows up places in such cool costomes he comes up with himself like the white batman outfit he wore to some party. I'm thinking - why is he on this show?

So finally talking to Rogen and Segal, who have a movie and book to talk about respectively.

Then back to Jaden - he has an album out. Ah, a reason to be on! About which he spouts the most complete nonsense about the name and description which are words he made up himself to describe this awesomeness so no one else has to do it etc. OMG why does this kid get any...time in front of any kind of mike or camera. Any attention at all?

And the real kicker is, despite terrible reviews, or the reviews that carefully kiss *** and end with a well it might not be for anyone comment, it hit billboard at 200 or something?
Oh and he's making a film of the album and says he wants to be like Elon Musk. Jaden who I suspect doesn't have a GED vs. Elon Musk who has a BS in Physics from the Univ of Pennsylvania, BS in Business from Wharton and got into the Stanford PhD program although he decided to leave and go straight into his entrepreneurial aspirations.

I can't stand talentless kids taking up space just because their parents are famous

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/jaden-smith-syre/

Jaden Smith: Dropping Out Of School Is Intelligent — Actor Goes On Twitter Rant – Hollywood Life
What acting I've seen him do is pathetic, and his behavior is bizarre. My guess is that he will have no long-term career.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:21 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
I'm sure Will Smith's grandmother is rolling over in her grave.

Since she passed away Will has reverted to living a lifestyle she would have found appalling. He used to talk about honoring her, and the good lessons she taught him- like not resorting to the use of foul language, etc.

Jaden is a product of Will forgetting those valuable lessons.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
I just can't take him or his sister seriously. Even when I "think" they are being serious about something I still roll my eyes and laugh. Shame too cause I once adored Will Smith but no longer. And Jada Pinkett---whatever! She had a character role on A Different World. Other than that what has she done besides marry well?

Old 01-07-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What acting I've seen him do is pathetic, and his behavior is bizarre. My guess is that he will have no long-term career.
Thats the problem. He has been around an will continue to be around. He is making a MOVIE of his crap album! And gets real musicians actors and producers to collaborate with him and appears on real muscians albums - because of who his parents are.

I've no doubt if his parents and all the money disappeared he woulld end up living under a bridge.

But Will Smith is Hollywood Royalty. His kid will be sucked up to and included. I couldn't believe how much sucking up was going on on the Corden show.

And who cares right? Except it has the effect of watering down everything. Both that sucking up culture and his actual product. Crap movies, Crap music because people don't get jobs in Hollywood on merit but because of who their parents are.

Unfortunately he is not going away.

And yes as someone said this is entirely on the parents and the weird way they raised them.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:07 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,515,458 times
I hope realize that talk show conversations are PLANNED and approved in advance. Seth and Jason agreed to that conversation.

As far as the other stuff, men. You aren't his consumer or target fan.

Oh yeah, there are a ton of celebrity children riding the coattails of their parents. It's no different than having any other family business. A mom & pop candy store or being an actor. It's the same dynamic. It's even worse in politics.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:35 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Did he seem to look worried?

https://goo.gl/images/fuTXGY

Old 01-07-2018, 09:46 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
People think way too hard about those Smith kids. They are weird it generates some attention. Who gives a crap.

Half of celebrities today are the children of someone famous or otherwise successful in entertainment.

If they have talent and/or find a niche they will hang around for a long time. If not people will get bored and move on eventually. Just like every other time a celebrity kid pops up.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I hope realize that talk show conversations are PLANNED and approved in advance. Seth and Jason agreed to that conversation.
They didn't look happy or sound happy. They seemed subdued and awkward. I wonder if there was a last minute switch up or something and they couldn't get out of appearing on the same show. Regardless it must suck having to play along simply because you don't want to **** off someone's parents. I particularly felt bad for Segal.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:43 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
The movies I saw him in I was not impressed with his acting. After Earth was especially bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities